New MV Agusta RVS - Sexy beast | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New MV Agusta RVS - Sexy beast

Designed by an Englishman, no? That's the sexy part everyone is wanking to. Oi Guvna! The Italian part is skillfully defrauding MV's creditors and burning various European bridges until Castiglioni pays homage to a Chinese prince.

That RVS is serious amount of tech ....350 lb and 150 HP !!!! with an 800 triple
Against an FZ9 75 lb more and 50 less HP.

RVS = very cool toy.

RVS-9.png

Impressive, i was not able to find a price, probably upwards of 15k?

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it was 15k, but I'm thinking mid-20s easy.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
No way

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Considering the price of MV's Brutale rr is 18+ US, this will easily be 25+ CAN.
I want one!!

This bike is just an MV Dragster with farkles.

Wow, I've owned a lot of vehicles from Europe including two Aprilia and one Triumph and they've been really reliable, I'm going to venture to say that they've all been at least equal to the reliability I've gotten from Honda or Suzuki.

You know where my problems for reliability have come from with my European motorcycles? The made in America Japanese batteries in them!

And I USE my motorcycles.... they all see time on race tracks, touring, commuting, doing really stupid things, and long hours of mundane riding too. The euros hold up just fine. Hell, my Triumph 675 race bike has around 24,000km and its been a dedicated race bike almost since it was new. Its been crashed and abused to no end and when I tore it down this winter for a refresh it was clean inside with zero out of the ordinary wear or damage... It has only broken down one single time on me and it was a CPS that went bad so easy peasy fix.

Not sure why the euro hate, I suspect you guys have never owned anything European and just base your POV on internet gossip. Every company be it European, Asian, American, Martian etc all put out the odd lemon, and will from time to time design and put to market total flops... look no further than Honda for some really really poor sellers.

As usual, the Italians are brilliant aestheticists. The bike is trendy and tastefully styled. It has cutting edge performance. It may be reasonably reliable but...compared to the Japanese bikes that are the gold standard in reliability they are several steps down the ladder. Then there's parts, serviceability and dealer support. Add it all up and what you have is a bike that is a weekend curiosity: great for doing blasts up north for a day or two, but not something you could ride too far from the dealership.

As usual, the Italians are brilliant aestheticists. The bike is trendy and tastefully styled. It has cutting edge performance. It may be reasonably reliable but...compared to the Japanese bikes that are the gold standard in reliability they are several steps down the ladder. Then there's parts, serviceability and dealer support. Add it all up and what you have is a bike that is a weekend curiosity: great for doing blasts up north for a day or two, but not something you could ride too far from the dealership.

You didnt even bring up the price :lmao:

I have to disagree with you roadghost.... I haven't changed where I take the bike now that I own a euro compared to when I owned a japanese bike. I still take trips! I had my Aprilia down through Maryland and Virginia last summer, same trips I did with my VFR! Hopefully I can find a stretch of time this year and take the Tuono on a trip and I even plan to eventually trans-con the Tuono.

Parts and support haven't been an issue for me either.... I order a part and it arrives at my door a few days later! I just ordered an entire 8.5x11 size sheet parts list for my engine refresh... bearings, bolts, gaskets, studs, chains, seals, valves, springs the works. Parts that very very few customers will order and every single one of them showed up, packaged nicely in a very short time. The "no parts available" myth is BS too!

Price for bigpoppa.... $24,999 for the R1M, $21,499 ZX-10R, $23,999 CBR1000SP, $22,795 Panigale 1299, $23,995 RSV4 Factory... they don't seem too out of line with the pricing to me! (I didn't do cruisers/tourer/standard bikes because I don't know them that well to compare)

The 'regular' versions cost less

19k for r1, 19 for new fireblade, 17 for a zx10r(i was surprised)

compared to the (mid 20s) i keep hearing about the RVS

The rvs is not a "regular" version, why compare it to the pricing from other manufacturers base models?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

You keep comparing apples to oranges. You compared the RVS to a V strom first, and now comparing it to production model, regular version, sport bikes. Can we compare a Panigale r to a HD road glide? Two bikes built for vastly different purposes.

First, the RVS is a limited production, hand made luxury naked motorcycle. Premium materials, premium components, premium craftsmanship, and premium aesthetics. Of course, with that comes a premium price.

All the "regular version" Japanese sport bikes are built on a production line, using cost affective materials, components and craftsmanship. That's not to say they aren't built well, the certainly are. Just different means to a different end.

The RVS is a performance naked bike, and should be compared as such. Show me a Japanese naked that can compare, and we'll talk.

Well I compared the SP, R1M to the Factory RSV4.... top models across the board.

The RSV4 RR is price also in line with the standard/base R1 and CBR etc. I'll admit Ducati base model to other base models is priced higher, but its also a much larger motor and your getting a lot more in the base Ducati as you would compared to say a base Honda.

I'm not saying the euro bike is better, I'm just saying they aren't the outrageous over priced train wrecks without support and parts some people believe them to be.

And MNSTR is spot on, the RVS is a limited production special edition bike and shouldn't be compared to any other full production bike.

First, the RVS is a limited production, hand made luxury naked motorcycle. Premium materials, premium components, premium craftsmanship, and premium aesthetics. Of course, with that comes a premium price.

Does it come with heated seats and wood trim?

Sorry dont buy any of that premium ********

Fz 10 has similar power but at a significant discount, i will admit the MV is almost 100lbs lighter, which is very impressive

But not worth paying an extra 10 grand

To each his own

You see this all the time with offroad bikes as well. People think ktm's are overpriced because you can buy a honda for less, or ktm's are unreliable.
Ktm makes a premium performance bike, maintenence intervals are shorter due to the higher performance levels. Initial price is higher because of the premium components.
You just can't compare a magura hydraulic clutch to a cable clutch.
I ride a versys because I like the adv bike style and it fits my budget. If my budget changed I'd be looking at 1190, multistrada, tiger etc, premium bikes for premium wallets lol.?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Well I compared the SP, R1M to the Factory RSV4.... top models across the board.

The RSV4 RR is price also in line with the standard/base R1 and CBR etc. I'll admit Ducati base model to other base models is priced higher, but its also a much larger motor and your getting a lot more in the base Ducati as you would compared to say a base Honda.

I'm not saying the euro bike is better, I'm just saying they aren't the outrageous over priced train wrecks without support and parts some people believe them to be.

And MNSTR is spot on, the RVS is a limited production special edition bike and shouldn't be compared to any other full production bike.

Most people commenting here never owned an european bike, most of their knowledge is based on internet gossip. I currently own 6 italian bikes and and they all been very reliable (only a couple of repairs: a stator on the aprilia and a start motor on one of the MV Agusta).

Does it come with heated seats and wood trim?

Sorry dont buy any of that premium ********

Fz 10 has similar power but at a significant discount, i will admit the MV is almost 100lbs lighter, which is very impressive

But not worth paying an extra 10 grand

To each his own

To each his own The most important thing you've said in this entire thread.

Back
Top Bottom