Hating new bike | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hating new bike

Unfortunately this bike and I have a love hate relationship with. Sadly as much as I love it. It's not a good match. I decided to list it. Worst case I trade it in. But I can't ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I think you'd be MUCH better off on a naked SV650. I have one, and when I sat on the faired SV650 for the first time at a dealership, I was shocked at how MUCH more aggressive the riding position was than my naked bike, which is the same machine from the steering stem backwards.

Conversely, the stock handlebar that came with my SV was WAY too upright for me; riding in town was great, but I had no cornering confidence, cuz I felt I couldn't get "low" enough. I swapped it out for an aftermarket handlebar that sits right between the OEM naked bar and the clip-ons found on the faired SV, and 9 years later, my only problem is that I can't find a well-priced bike to replace this one with because it fits my need/use perfectly. All I need now are emulators and stainless brake lines xD

But, now that you're selling it; GLWS, I guess.

Where in New York are you located? I'd be happy to suggest some routes that are good for practice.

Where in New York are you located? I'd be happy to suggest some routes that are good for practice.

North...not New. North York is a sub section of the GTA..Greater Toronto Area. We also have East York, York, etc. And to make it more fun, we have York region outside of Toronto, but part of the GTA. ...just nothing New.

Last edited:
North...not New. North York is a sub section of the GTA..Greater Toronto Area. We also have East York, York, etc. And to make it more fun, we have York region outside of Toronto, but part of the GTA. ...just nothing New.
Ah...apparently there's something wrong with my reading comprehension today. I guess I'm just too focused on my weekend trip.

Where in North York. I am in the boundary between North York and Thornhill. I just moved in this area.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I took the bike out today and came to the decision as I was going to the dealership service on Tuesday or Wednesday for some of the suggestions because I do love the bike. But after the ride just felt that I did not feel safe or comfortable. I had talked to the service manager on Thursday and he said to Bring my list. The season is too short to not feel ok. I feel less then ok downright terrified. That being the case I will say goodby to it.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Good call. While the sv is a great bike for many, that doesn't mean it is a great bike for all. You just need to find one you're comfortable with. I've owned many bikes, some I loved some I hated. At least you now know what to look for and what to steer clear of.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom