big guys ,which harley? | GTAMotorcycle.com

big guys ,which harley?

happycrappy

Site Supporter
Just curious which models suit the bigger fellas better. I rode a dyna wide glide on the weekend, and the bike looked freakishly small under me, so other than seeking a full chopper, any specific model recommendations? I'm 6'4 270

How did the bike feel? Were the controls easy to reach and comfortable?

Ask to demo a street glide or Ultra glide. And if you need some more room, ask for a demo seat. Most dealers have various seats to provide different placement. Farther back or forward and lower etc.

Dyna Super Glide with forward controls along with some extensions fit the tall folks well.

But generally the bigger folks are riding touring rigs for fit and comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Nakkers said. Any decent dealership salesman should be able to offer a fitment guide for the various chassis with selections of seats, handlebars and footpegs to suit. But, the big'n'tall guys I ride with have 'Glides or Ultras. You ain't fitting on an Iron.

Pick what you like . Most Harley models you can install a tall rider pegs . It they move the foot controls forward for better fit for tall guys .

i think at your stats, ultra is the way to go to 'look proportionate'...

Harleys are so easily modified to meet your specific ergonomics. There's pages and pages of accessories to change them on any model:
Lower/higher/farther reach seats, Lower/higher/wider bars and risers, Forward controls, Mid-controls, Further-forward mid-controls, etc, etc.

Break out your wallet.

On the touring line (glide/ultra/king), you sit more 'on top' of the bike vs the Softail line where you sit more 'in' the bike. One of the Softails with extended pegs/boards a higher handlebar, and a tall-boy seat may work for you.

Thanks for all the replies, ended up buying an 03 Softail FX and I love it. Fits like a glove!

Congrats, is it the blue Anniversary edition? My work buddy had one up until last year.

Congrats, is it the blue Anniversary edition? My work buddy had one up until last year.

Yep that's the one. I found one with only 7400 original kms on it.

If it has the original tires, even though tread depth might be ok, I'd suggest fresh rubber.

Tires are going on this week. Everything was still original lol.

Two more recommendations - grease & torque the steering head bearings - easy enough to do yourself - a service manual will come in handy. And maybe a clutch adjustment (has to be done cold) - usually do this every oil change...

Two more recommendations - grease & torque the steering head bearings - easy enough to do yourself - a service manual will come in handy. And maybe a clutch adjustment (has to be done cold) - usually do this every oil change...

Thank you sir, advice will be taken! Everything should be done this week

Do you have your black leather vest and 1/2 helmet? Chaps are on sale down in the village this month LoL.

Do you have your black leather vest and 1/2 helmet? Chaps are on sale down in the village this month LoL.

Lol, very good.

Back
Top Bottom