Calabogie Solstice Ride | GTAMotorcycle.com

Calabogie Solstice Ride

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
On Sunday June 25, I'm going to head out for a long ride up to Calabogie to enjoy the really long daylight. Planning on hitting up lots of the best roads northeast of Peterborough, including Northey's Bay, Lower Faraday, Elephant Lake, 508, 511, South Lavant, 509, and much more.

Start: Leaving Mississauga at 6am to beat the cottage traffic heading east. I'm open to meeting up along the way if anyone is interested to join.
Meeting Spot: Port Hope for 7:30am - https://goo.gl/maps/ysbvikK98tH2 - This is at the Tim Hortons and there is a Petro Canada gas station close by for fuel.
Finish: Port Perry Tim's for around 6pm. I expect to be back in Mississauga around 8pm. It will be a long day, but I take a break every 2 hours or so.
Lunch: I'll find a place like Subway for a quick air conditioned lunch
Pace: I ride responsible on the straights, respectful in small towns and fun in the corners. I ride a V-Strom 650. If you've ridden with me before, it's the same sort of deal.

This isn't a ride for new riders as there are a good number of twisty roads. This isn't a ride for hooligans as I want to keep my license. This will be a long day!

Route: https://goo.gl/maps/4p4wNfpQ1nR2 - this is what I have in mind right now. Should be around 1000km give or take and only paved roads.

If anyone is interested, post up or PM.
Cheers!

Last edited:
I rode alone almost that exact route 2 weeks ago and I can confirm it was pretty awesome. Kawartha region is one of my favorite daylong out of town escapes. Same as Demonpig, I'm interested if you can do it on Thursday.

I can't say if I can do the ride on July 6th, because I'm really busy at work and don't know my schedule this far in advance. I'd say that if I could ride on July 6th, we could set up a new ride with the same or different route.

As it stands right now, I should be good to ride Thursday June 22.

I can't say if I can do the ride on July 6th, because I'm really busy at work and don't know my schedule this far in advance. I'd say that if I could ride on July 6th, we could set up a new ride with the same or different route.

As it stands right now, I should be good to ride Thursday June 22.

Sounds good ... we'll be in touch.

I may be interested depending on if I go to SMP on Thurs or not.

Sounds good. I'm slowly watching the forecast rain on my parade. If considerable rains are expected for both Thursday and Friday, then I'll take a day off work on a nice day next week instead.

Any eta as to when you'll get to Calabogie. I might be able to meet up around there and ride for a bit.

Sure that could work.
For a Calabogie ETA, that depends on which way we do the route. I am thinking about doing the route in reverse to spend less time riding into the sun in the afternoon - which would put us in Calabogie around 11 or 12.

Not sure I'm up for another 1k km day after the last marathon down from Sault but if you go Saturday forward I'd be interested. PM me or email

Friday is new chain and sprockets etc day

Looks like the forecast has improved a fair bit for Thursday with almost no rain from between Bancroft, Calabogie and Kingston.
If the forecast holds, then Thursday it is!
I reversed the route to start in Port Hope and finish in Port Perry (first post edited).

Post up or PM if you are interested.
Cheers!

Sounds good to me.

However I did just find out that I have to work on both Thursday and Friday, so I'm going to go on Sunday now instead! Same route, same schedule and timing, but just can't go mid-week anymore.

First post updated.

Sounds good to me.

However I did just find out that I have to work on both Thursday and Friday, so I'm going to go on Sunday now instead! Same route, same schedule and timing, but just can't go mid-week anymore.

First post updated.
Oof, sorry to hear that. I might just do a loop anyways and scout some of it out for you.

Unfortunately, I have a class on Sunday. One of these days . . .

Back
Top Bottom