Southwood construction | GTAMotorcycle.com

Southwood construction

JRS

Site Supporter
Southwood 13 is ripped up and has about 5Km worth of gravel in the mid section.

Does that mean new pavement? I will laugh myself to sleep if they tar and chip it

Back roads are usually done in chip & seal. Not bad when it is done in the summer so the chips can set in.

if it gets swept well then its not too bad, but will take time for the loose stones to be moved.

Southwood will be paved, not chip and tar. What is there now is temporary and not that bad. However I'm riding on 80/20 offroad/on road tires. Ymmv

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Rode it today, still no asphalt but what's down is solid and entirely rideable with due caution. Great section or road all the way up to Torrance, really enjoyed it - I left a lot of aluminum off the bottom of my floorboards in various corners. ;)

Just got back from southwood.
It's as crappy as it always was.
The gravel section is packed down enough to comfortably ride it but the rest is the same old heaved bumpy sand trap road we all know and love to hate.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Just got back from southwood.
It's as crappy as it always was.
The gravel section is packed down enough to comfortably ride it but the rest is the same old heaved bumpy sand trap road we all know and love to hate.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Sometimes I wonder if having ridden a relatively clean & smooth Southwood a decade ago isn't just a fever dream

Sometimes I wonder if having ridden a relatively clean & smooth Southwood a decade ago isn't just a fever dream

I think the same.
I remember a few years ago. There was a sports mini in front of me. thinking I must lose this bloke. However, I realised he was there to drift. So much sand he had the road to himself. Gave up going there.

Back
Top Bottom