NEED HELP!motorcycle accident good attorney | GTAMotorcycle.com

NEED HELP!motorcycle accident good attorney

dc5_r6

Hi guys i need help,im looking for good attorney that can help me out to fight my case because this afternoon i had an accident and the cop who did the report he gave me a ticket and its says on the ticket its my fault 'unsafe move-lane or shoulder',but its not even my fault coz he cut me on my lane.

Glad you aren't too banged up. I can't help you with lawyers but if you haven't already, go back to the site of the accident and take a crap ton of pictures from multiple angles, write down everything you can remember and mark up a map with the locations/speeds/movements of the vehicles involved. All of this will help you in court with or without a lawyer.

Most people wouldn't pay lawyer fees for the charge you got. The ticket is $85, a decent lawyers fees will probably be 50 times that. It sucks that you feel you have been wrongly charged, consider fighting it yourself or using a paralegal like Forch for some more affordable firepower.

Is the bike still in one piece? Are you still in one piece?

Glad you aren't too banged up. I can't help you with lawyers but if you haven't already, go back to the site of the accident and take a crap ton of pictures from multiple angles, write down everything you can remember and mark up a map with the locations/speeds/movements of the vehicles involved. All of this will help you in court with or without a lawyer.

Most people wouldn't pay lawyer fees for the charge you got. The ticket is $85, a decent lawyers fees will probably be 50 times that. It sucks that you feel you have been wrongly charged, consider fighting it yourself or using a paralegal like Forch for some more affordable firepower.
i remember i was right beside him and he just like cut me off and then i ended up hitting his car and after that i went to the side walk and hit one of the store gas line

i remember i was right beside him and he just like cut me off and then i ended up hitting his car and after that i went to the side walk and hit one of the store gas line

It's very hard to understand what you're trying to explain, but I'm guessing there's too sides to the story....if you rushed into his blind spot to try to pass him in an unsafe method of some sort (for one example I could think of) that would justify that sort of charge, and although it doesn't excuse him cutting you off, it would be contributory towards the accident, hence the charge.

The ticket is minor and won't effect much so far as your insurance or drivers record, but the accident will especially if your insurance company holds you fully or partially at fault, but that's for them to determine, not the police.

Last edited:
yeah cant really understand what happened or what was written

If the bike is still ok, and you are too, i wouldnt bother filing a claim, a few scratches aint worth the money down the road

If injuries are serious or its an expensive bike, go ahead and file claims

It's very hard to understand what you're trying to explain, but I'm guessing there's too sides to the story....if you rushed into his blind spot to try to pass him in an unsafe method of some sort (for one example I could think of) that would justify that sort of charge, and although it doesn't excuse him cutting you off, it would be contributory towards the accident, hence the charge.

The ticket is minor and won't effect much so far as your insurance or drivers record, but the accident will especially if your insurance company holds you fully or partially at fault, but that's for them to determine, not the police.
no i wasnt tryin to pass him i was beside him and he just went to my lane really quick that is why i didnt had any chance to do something to avoid the accident

My bike is pretty bad especially front and my left foot is still hurt but left arm is bad i cant move much

If you're going legal with this be very careful in what you post online.

IOW, I would cease and desist any public discussion of the incident. As they say, "anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

Hi guys i need help,im looking for good attorney that can help me out to fight my case because this afternoon i had an accident and the cop who did the report he gave me a ticket and its says on the ticket its my fault 'unsafe move-lane or shoulder',but its not even my fault coz he cut me on my lane.
1- The cop's determination of fault isn't necessarily the same as your insurance company's determination of fault, in case that's what you're worried about. I don't know much about it, others here can give you the details.

2- Next time, set up an action cam to loop record while you ride.

1- The cop's determination of fault isn't necessarily the same as your insurance company's determination of fault, in case that's what you're worried about. I don't know much about it, others here can give you the details...

I'm not understanding your side of the story, as you are not giving us clear details. Where on the car did you hit? Do you have photos? If you were in your lane, in the car's blind spot and the car turned into your lane, then bike or car, the other car is at fault.

The cop could be wrong and made an error. This occurs frequently. There is legal wrong, proven in court, and there's insurance wrong, set out by insurance fault determination rules. They are completely separate.

Contact your insurance company and explain everything. Explain all details in a much clearer way than you have expressed yourself here. We're trying to help you and you're not making it easy for us. There should be damage to the car, there is damage to your bike, there should be paint scraping if you hit their car, this is all relevant evidence.

More importantly, did you hurt yourself? Did you go to the hospital? How fast were you going? Falling off your bike usually leaves a mark...

Explain all details in a much clearer way than you have expressed yourself here.

This is key. You need to communicate the situation in a clear, cool, and concise fashion after an accident

If you did that to the officer, kept your cool, and calmly and CLEARLY explained the situation, I'm not sure how you could have ended up with that charge...which is why I suspect there's more to the story then what you're sharing with us here.

Regardless, your insurance company is going to make up their own mind as to your fault determination, based partly on your statements immediately after the accident, the other drivers statements, as well as how the police documented the accident actually occurred.

So as I understand this, you were sitting in a cops blind spot, which is dumb but not illegal. He changes lanes into you causing you to crash. He then charges you with an unsafe lane change or some other wrongful movement, possibly to avoid responsibility for not seeing you. Did you get the name of any witnesses to support your story? Without that, or a continuous loop camera, its your word against the cop's, and we all know how that goes. Was SIU called out? Usually if a cop is involved in an accident that involves injury in the performance of his duty, they would be called. If they were, it just means a bigger investigation before they clear him. Best of luck!

We really cant comment, as OP has shared minimal details with us, either intentionally or not

So as I understand this, you were sitting in a cops blind spot, which is dumb but not illegal. He changes lanes into you causing you to crash. He then charges you with an unsafe lane change or some other wrongful movement, possibly to avoid responsibility for not seeing you. Did you get the name of any witnesses to support your story? Without that, or a continuous loop camera, its your word against the cop's, and we all know how that goes. Was SIU called out? Usually if a cop is involved in an accident that involves injury in the performance of his duty, they would be called. If they were, it just means a bigger investigation before they clear him. Best of luck!

The story hasn't been clearly told (OP, keep it that way, online posts aren't going to help your cause) but based on how I read it the collision occurred with a random vehicle not a cop. That will be a slightly smaller hill to climb in court.

I'm still not sure what he sees a lawyer doing to help him, as others have said, the fault-determination rules are what he has to worry about here (which if the OP's version is true he is 0% at-fault), but who knows what the cop put in the notes. Obviously the cop thought he deserved a ticket for something and I don't know if a lawyer could get the notes changed (especially before the insurance company sees them). My guess is regardless of what he does (in the absence of witnesses that he doesn't mention collecting) he ends up with a 50% at-fault and maybe a minor ticket and his insurance goes to the moon.

Back
Top Bottom