New to me 85 Nighthawk 650 :D | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to me 85 Nighthawk 650 :D

Knight

Well I got myself a early birthday present a 1985 Honda Nighthawk 650 it's in pretty good shape especially since it's 32 years old and has 30,000 miles(it was a american bike) I was not planning on getting another bike this soon but the price was great and I could not resist.
Now can I make it a bit louder by removing some of the baffling if that's possible without have to jet the carbs. I've already messed with the carbs enough on the vtr
DSC_0240_zpst9qihmfc.jpg

DSC_0238_zps0uevoqmd.jpg

Its 32 years old - ride it and enjoy it for what it is. Why mess it up ?

Very nice. Be careful with the exhaust, if it winds up running lean it's gonna run that old air/oil cooled motor pretty hot.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I like the older bikes better I like to tinker and not deal with fuel injection and I can't afford a new bike. besides it's 70+ hp and I'm happy with that cause my vtr was like 32

I wouldn't screw around with the original exhaust, unless you never want to sell it. You could always try and find a used/new V&H or Mac 4-in-1 for it. It's your bike though

The stock exhaust is best left alone. Remove it and replace with something else.

Nice clean bike btw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nighthawks were among the top selling bikes for that year if I recall correctly. The Jap inline 4 is a legendary engine in any year IMO. I think Nighthawks came several variations. I always thought it was a sharp looking bike.

Back
Top Bottom