Where to buy Yausa Batteries | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to buy Yausa Batteries

01rc51

Where do you guys buy your replacement batteries. For reliability I think it's time I get a replacement. Bike cranks and will start. But when the engine is hot (say stopping for gas) it barely cranks. But will fire most of the time. I put a multimeter on it and when cranking it's down to 6.5V so I think it's toast. I also lose the memory as the trip meter goes back to zero. So I better pick up a new one. (ytz-12s)

Lets here were people are picking up their $200 replacement batteries.

Bought my last one at Pro6. Way cheaper than at Honda for the same thing.

You're in Newmarket - who's closest ?
It never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go to trying to save (maybe) $5-10 on an expensive purchase like a quality battery.
Save your gas money, support your local shops.
End of rant, carry on.

You're in Newmarket - who's closest ?
It never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go to trying to save (maybe) $5-10 on an expensive purchase like a quality battery.
Save your gas money, support your local shops.
End of rant, carry on.

Closest would be Suzuki of Newmarket. But do I dare to walk into that shop? I work down by the 401 so any place is an option, was just wondering. May end up supporting Pete again. With his trusted tire prices and quick delivery.

Got mine from Glen of Flying Squirrel too

Look up saskbattery

Royal distributing in Innisfil has it. $210.99 for Yuasa or $69.99 for the aftermarket one.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Another #1 vote for Glen. Many years ago I bought a Shorai. Failed me within 3 months
Spoke to Shorai and they wanted me to send it back to them with the history of how I installed it, etc.
I think if I had a new born that would have also been part of the deal.

Spoke to Glen. Easy peasey. Took it back to him, exchanged it. Simple. Did not have to create a new born either. (Not sure how you get an old born. Lol)
Moral of the story. Buying locally is worth paying the extra couple of Dollars. Convenience.

Flying squirrel

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I heard good things about Motorcycle Innovations (http://www.motorcycleinnovations.ca/Default.asp) in Ajax from a friend who bought a replacement battery for his motorcycle. Good prices for guaranteed Yuasa products, excellent service I heard. They also stock EarthX LiFePo batteries should you wish to consider them. I have no affiliation with Motorcycle Innovations, just relaying what I heard.

ORPS parts at Gorham/Leslie. He deals mostly in powersports stuff, but has access to all the usual catalogues. Got a yuasa from him a couple years ago, same price as everyone else and didn't charge a disposal fee.

FYI, when I drove past SON last week the place was gutted inside, it's turning into a Kia dealer. Don't know where they're going to put the bikes if they're keeping them at all.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Where do you guys buy your replacement batteries. For reliability I think it's time I get a replacement. Bike cranks and will start. But when the engine is hot (say stopping for gas) it barely cranks. But will fire most of the time. I put a multimeter on it and when cranking it's down to 6.5V so I think it's toast. I also lose the memory as the trip meter goes back to zero. So I better pick up a new one. (ytz-12s)

Lets here were people are picking up their $200 replacement batteries.

Before you buy a battery, test your starter motor. I had a similar problem (wouldn't start once the bike was warm/operating temperature) and bought a new battery. It started doing the same thing not long after a new battery was put in.

Apparently, the starter motor was expanding once the bike was hot and causing it to no operate properly. I can't remember exactly why.

But by the sounds of it, you might need a new battery anyway.

ORPS parts at Gorham/Leslie. He deals mostly in powersports stuff, but has access to all the usual catalogues. Got a yuasa from him a couple years ago, same price as everyone else and didn't charge a disposal fee.

FYI, when I drove past SON last week the place was gutted inside, it's turning into a Kia dealer. Don't know where they're going to put the bikes if they're keeping them at all.

I think SON is in the process of moving into the old Machine Racing building.

Do you know if Suzuki dumped them. I wouldn`t buy a copper washer from them. Or give them the time of day.

Do you know if Suzuki dumped them. I wouldn`t buy a copper washer from them. Or give them the time of day.
I'm not sure, I just know that the owner of SON bought the Kia franchise from New Roads, and is moving it to that building. He's also evidently opening a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer in Richmond Hill.

Back
Top Bottom