ABS CBR 600RR vs gsxr 600 | GTAMotorcycle.com

ABS CBR 600RR vs gsxr 600

sid_for_speed

Want to upgrade from my Ninja 30 to SS...this bike has spoilt me as in..it came with ABS and a slipper clutch...great fun banging down gears in the twistes ...

I want to upgrade but I see gsxr does not come with ABS..and do the cbr does not come with slipper clutch...zx 6r is not an option as ergonomically it does not fit me right...and day thoughts /suggestions on getting either one?

I went the other way. From cbr600rr to ninja 300, no abs on either.

Abs aspect, i have no experience so can't really tell you but i personally don't think it's a necessity.

Slipper clutch is nice to have but if you rev match blip it's not really an issue

So in short, those 2 things shouldn't matter too much.

From time to time I miss that cbr600rr but I think ninja 300 more suited to my riding.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Slipper clutch can be added later through the aftermarket. ABS cannot. That's something to think about. I like slipper clutches and probably enjoy them more then having ABS but having ABS is nice to have on the street for those just incase moments.

If you ride for fun I'd probably pick whichever you like more. If you commute and/or ride at times where you can end up in bad weather etc I'd probably go with the bike that has ABS.

Forgot to mention the gixxer also has power modes....but I suspect no one rides in the slow mode after a while

Forgot to mention the gixxer also has power modes....but I suspect no one rides in the slow mode after a while

I never used the feature and I literally grew from a newbie into a track junkie on the 750.

Why buy something and use the option to neuter it!

OP, get the ABS one imo

Pretty useful for street riding.

Abs is always good

Just go naked or sport touring bro, you, and your wallet will thank me

Gixxer is so comfy, went from a Z1000 to my 08 GSXR 750 and I think the gixxer is more comfy than the Z. Had an 03 CBR 600 RR and the gixxer is more comfortable than that. For the roads around here comfort on a SS is something I take into consideration. Which one makes you smile the most when you look at it? That matters too. I think you'll be happy with both.

Yeah I might just go for the cbr....just cause of the abs....I can add a slipper later on..

Yeah I might just go for the cbr....just cause of the abs....I can add a slipper later on..

Might wanna see what the status is....no point buying a bike they already ax'd in one continent, that they might ax in the future and parts will be difficult to find etc

油井緋色;2502490 said:
I never used the feature and I literally grew from a newbie into a track junkie on the 750.

Why buy something and use the option to neuter it!

OP, get the ABS one imo

Pretty useful for street riding.
B mode on the 750 08-10, only smooths the throttle for the first 25%. Very useful on bumpy pavement. :)

Slipper clutch is only really necessary for track riding. On the street, when are you downshifting through gears so fast at such a high RPM that you need one? My track bike doesn't even have one and I've never locked the rear wheel from downshifting.

ABS is great for the street though!! If it saves you from locking up the wheels just once in a panic situation, then it's been worth it.

Last edited:
Might wanna see what the status is....no point buying a bike they already ax'd in one continent, that they might ax in the future and parts will be difficult to find etc

Parts won't be difficult to find until the bike is like 20+ years old. Non-issue.

Parts won't be difficult to find until the bike is like 20+ years old. Non-issue.

How do you know this? Is this a common practice with bike manufacturers? They provide parts/support for 20 years and then dont?

I had a 2015 CBR600RR abs after my ninja 300. The bike was better in every way, except for comfort, which really sucked. It was amazing in the twisties, you could effortlessly go fast.

I then switched to a 2016 FZ09 last year. It's much quicker than the CBR, and WAY more comfortable! Doesn't corner quite as easily though.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I had a 2015 CBR600RR abs after my ninja 300. The bike was better in every way, except for comfort, which really sucked. It was amazing in the twisties, you could effortlessly go fast.

I then switched to a 2016 FZ09 last year. It's much quicker than the CBR, and WAY more comfortable! Doesn't corner quite as easily though.

Damn bro, you just keep buying new bikes after new bikes, $$$$$

Although maybe you should have waited for 2017 model with the improvements ;)

Damn bro, you just keep buying new bikes after new bikes, $$$$$

Although maybe you should have waited for 2017 model with the improvements ;)
Haha yeah 3 years in a row I bought new bikes! I was trying to figure out what kind suited me best!

I'd love to get an FZ-10, but they're terrible on gas and only go like 200 kms on a tank! Haha

How do you know this? Is this a common practice with bike manufacturers? They provide parts/support for 20 years and then dont?

I'm not sure when they actually stop MAKING parts, but I'm guessing it's the same as when they stop making the bike.

I just looked up 20 year old Kawasaki's on a parts fiche (They didn't have Hondas) All parts are generally still available OEM. As time goes on, the available stock of brand new OEM parts will diminish. Used parts will still be available.

What do you mean by support? My dad just got a 1982 Honda 650 Hawk (I think?). Although Honda doesn't make parts for it anymore, they've been helping him try to locate them.

Was also using 20 years as an arbitrary number. The main point was the OP will have moved on to another bike long before parts availability is an issue.

Back
Top Bottom