Rotella T6 on sale at TSC stores | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rotella T6 on sale at TSC stores

I recall seeing the new look of the 5L jug at CT a few weeks back. I quickly glanced to check for the JASO-MA certification but didn't see it.

You guys might want to double check before purchasing. I know the old ones definitely had it. I still have two jugs in my garage.

I recall seeing the new look of the 5L jug at CT a few weeks back. I quickly glanced to check for the JASO-MA certification but didn't see it.

You guys might want to double check before purchasing. I know the old ones definitely had it. I still have two jugs in my garage.[/QUOTE

#%ck!!! Perhaps they caught on that that a lot of motorcyclist are using it as it's more economical than the made for motorcycle oils. Therefore it's eating into their profits as well. I don't think the chemicals for this may have changed as they would have to indicate that to the industry. I wonder if anyone here has used the new bottled oil? Perhaps we can reach out to their customers support if they have one. I'll try something out today.

perhaps someone in the trucking industry can tell us how often they change the T6 in the big rigs since they are used in the turbos that have much higher rpm's than our bikes.
Paging @PrivatePilot
And @Iceman

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Last edited:
I was just looking into the JASO MA rating and found a thread on Quora website stating to use Shell T5, but I think they meant T4 as it's 15W30 and has a JASO MA rating, the Shell T5 according to it's website PDF specs has a JASO rating but NOT -MA.

So going back to Quora site which suggestions is that we should use the thicker oil T4 (once again I think they mean T4 rather than T5) as it would protect better. If so the best part is that it's even cheaper than the T6 a whole $10 on 5 litre. Currently on sale for $25 for 5 litre so $5 per Litre Reg $29.99 or if you buy the pale which is 18.9 L for 79.99 it come to around $4.23 a litre!!

Just as I always suspected from the beginning, they even mention that Shell does not want advertise that these oils are JASO MA as it would compete against their own motorcycle oil that is prices higher.

Here is the Quora thread: https://www.quora.com/Is-Synthetic-Rotella-T6-Oil-still-JASO-MA-rated-safe-for-motorcycles

Last edited:
Paging @PrivatePilot

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app
Every heavy truck I've driven redlines well under 3000 rpm.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

People were using Rotella T6 in their bikes before it got the JASO MA cert.

It's my understanding that any car oil is fine in a motorcycle as long as it doesn't have friction modifiers. If it says "energy conserving" then it has friction modifiers. Therefore any 5w40 or 10w40 car oil that does not say it's energy conserving should be fine for use in your motorcycle. Again I"m not an expert on this, so if you follow my advice and your bike blows up don't blame me but that's my understanding.

I'm thinking of using Rotella T4 15w30 in my bike for an oil change this week-end as I'm feeling my gears to be dropping very hard (VTX 1300c).

My daily commute Scarborough to Downtown in heavy traffic in addition to the hot weather we're having is probably taking a toll on the thinner oil, which I changed just 3 months ago, with T6 5w30. Hoping the thicker oil will give the gears and clutch smoother fluid movements, I won't change the oil filter just the oil.

Last edited:
People were using Rotella T6 in their bikes before it got the JASO MA cert.

It's my understanding that any car oil is fine in a motorcycle as long as it doesn't have friction modifiers. If it says "energy conserving" then it has friction modifiers. Therefore any 5w40 or 10w40 car oil that does not say it's energy conserving should be fine for use in your motorcycle. Again I"m not an expert on this, so if you follow my advice and your bike blows up don't blame me but that's my understanding.

You could be easily wrong. In T6 case it might have worked ... I mean why would you trust that the label lists everything it has ..... look for what your bike needs, and that is JASO-MA or MA-2 ... end of story. Why to even entertain car oil when there's so many oils with required certification.

I was just looking into the JASO MA rating and found a thread on Quora website stating to use Shell T5, but I think they meant T4 as it's 15W30 and has a JASO MA rating, the Shell T5 according to it's website PDF specs has a JASO rating but NOT -MA.

So going back to Quora site which suggestions is that we should use the thicker oil T4 (once again I think they mean T4 rather than T5) as it would protect better. If so the best part is that it's even cheaper than the T6 a whole $10 on 5 litre. Currently on sale for $25 for 5 litre so $5 per Litre Reg $29.99 or if you buy the pale which is 18.9 L for 79.99 it come to around $4.23 a litre!!

Just as I always suspected from the beginning, they even mention that Shell does not want advertise that these oils are JASO MA as it would compete against their own motorcycle oil that is prices higher.

Here is the Quora thread: https://www.quora.com/Is-Synthetic-Rotella-T6-Oil-still-JASO-MA-rated-safe-for-motorcycles

The thicker the better ... hmmm. No not really. Use what the "doctor" (manufacturer) prescribed, don't try to re-invent the wheel.

Back
Top Bottom