Rotella T6 on sale at TSC stores | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rotella T6 on sale at TSC stores

Do a lot of people use that stuff?

I've only ever heard one opinion, and it was negative. I might be interested in hearing some other viewpoints

I need 10w

if you take the TSC ad into CTC, they will match it. At least they did the last time I got some.

Do a lot of people use that stuff?

I've only ever heard one opinion, and it was negative. I might be interested in hearing some other viewpoints

Been using it for 3 years now. So far so good. No slippage

Been using it for 3 years now. So far so good. No slippage

2 years back TSC had a sale for 50% so $19.99, I had crappy tire match the price and on top of that Shell had a mail in rebate for $7 per jug, so I picked up 4 for $13.00 each.

T6 goes on sale at that current price at crappy tire quit frequently, I'm waiting on the 40-50 % price sale at either, as crappy tire does match TSC price.

Here is the thread from then.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...-T6-full-synthetic-oil-on-sale-19-99-5-litres

Once a year only, as it's synthetic even though I do over 10,000 km a year.

I change it out at 5,000k. 10,000k seems a little excessive.

I bought an 18.9L pail from Canadian Tire when it was on sale, with the Shell rebate I think it was around $100 for the pail. Emptied it into a bunch of empty oil containers, and use the drum for waste oil. Drop it off at CT when its full (takes a couple years to go through that much.)

I run the rotella T in my dirt bike. Get that on sale by the drum as well.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Not quite on-topic but FWIW the redesigned/renamed 15W40 dino Rotella, now called T4 Triple Protection, still says JASO MA on the back. Bought a jug for the FJ.

I change it out at 5,000k. 10,000k seems a little excessive.

I bought an 18.9L pail from Canadian Tire when it was on sale, with the Shell rebate I think it was around $100 for the pail. Emptied it into a bunch of empty oil containers, and use the drum for waste oil. Drop it off at CT when its full (takes a couple years to go through that much.)

I run the rotella T in my dirt bike. Get that on sale by the drum as well.

Ya perhaps I should look out for the pail when it goes on sale around that price.

5K oil changes are standard for regular oil, for synthetics it's usually over 10k even for cars. Some synthetics are good for over 20k easy.

If you doing 5k than even standard oil should be fine.

I'd figure it would be dependent on how the bike had been ridden for that amount of mileage. I got back from the gap in Tennessee a week ago. 3,000 k there and back. Changed my oil at 5,000k. Looked real clean. Probably 2,000 k was freeway running at low rpm, not redlining at full throttle.

I'm sure if it is easy highway kms you could go alot farther.
That was the standard rotella T I was running.
570ac0c81395d1d9f959bc885068f75c.jpg

Wow nice for standard Rotella not the T6 right which is synthetic.

If your racing/red lining than for sure I would change it at 5k. I'm on a cruiser mostly cruising back and for from work to home, traffic etc.

perhaps someone in the trucking industry can tell us how often they change the T6 in the big rigs since they are used in the turbos that have much higher rpm's than our bikes.

For those using the T6, how often do you change the oil out for normal street riding?

I'm sure quality synthetic like T6 can easily do 10k, there are many oil analysis reports on bobistheoilguy that support that.

I change mine every 6k though. Oil changes are cheap, and I like the peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom