Anyone here have a Shoei GT air or Icon Alliance GT? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here have a Shoei GT air or Icon Alliance GT?

I thought as much.. I have a couple of regular alliance helmets and they are pretty loud. The visor system is silly on these things. Graphics are awesome on them though and I get compliments on my "lucky lid" and "shakki" versions. My maui Jim sun glasses did not fit but a cheapie set of sun glasses I picked up fit great so I am using the clear visor for cummuting now.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I do... still a loud helmet.. No chin curtain. .. The Alliance are known for being loud helmets...

All shoeis are known to be noisy helmets. want a quiet one? go with Bell (the expensive ones)

For street I need quiet so I get bell, for racing I need air ventilation so I always get Shoei. There is no perfect helmet.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Interesting. I wonder what would be the quietest sports touring helmet (not full tuck)? FWIW, I had shield envy at Honda demo day as a guy with a Shoei RF 1100 could take his shield on and off in seconds. A very well designed system. The Icon system is not easy to work with to say the least.

GT Air here, great helmet, light, great air flow, but like all helmets you need to wear ear plugs and get them in deep!!
Not sure there is such a thing as a quiet helmet??

Hmmm... Interesting. I wonder what would be the quietest sports touring helmet (not full tuck)? FWIW, I had shield envy at Honda demo day as a guy with a Shoei RF 1100 could take his shield on and off in seconds. A very well designed system. The Icon system is not easy to work with to say the least.

my understanding the quietest would be the Schuberth line of helmets, C3 Pro, then the C4 Pro, and most of the rest of their line, and I hear BMW's new System 7 helmet is right there with them, reporting to be just as quiet

I just got back from a 2 day trip. Rain on and off and blinding sun to quite dark. Would have been an ideal environment for a helmet with the internal flip down sun shield. The pondering continues. ..

I have both, the shoei is much quieter. The tinted internal visor to me is far more practical then wear glasses or changing visors and more need specific when compared to the visors that change shading.

Back
Top Bottom