Good bike shop for customization | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good bike shop for customization

SpiritofSenna

Hi all,

I have a old naked SV650 that I was riding and dropped. Left side of the bike is dinged up with the turn signal stalk broken off.

I obviously need to fix this up but I simply don't have the time to do so. In fact, I've always liked naked/cafe styled sv650 and wanted to modify mine into something custom.

Is there any good shop in GTA that I can take my bike to not only repair the damages but also get ideas/works on making it look more cleaner? I've got bunch of pics for ideas but can't quite describe into words what I'd like to do. Also, what kind of quotes are we looking at once we start customizing the bikes?

Any suggestions are most welcome !

Thank you.

Hi all,

I have a old naked SV650 that I was riding and dropped. Left side of the bike is dinged up with the turn signal stalk broken off.

I obviously need to fix this up but I simply don't have the time to do so. In fact, I've always liked naked/cafe styled sv650 and wanted to modify mine into something custom.

Is there any good shop in GTA that I can take my bike to not only repair the damages but also get ideas/works on making it look more cleaner? I've got bunch of pics for ideas but can't quite describe into words what I'd like to do. Also, what kind of quotes are we looking at once we start customizing the bikes?

Any suggestions are most welcome !

Thank you.

Dont molest the bike.

No one buys molested bikes.

Get a good mech to fix er up

I suggest Frekeguy

If you really want to do this go ahead, but just know going in that you are taking a bike worth x amount of dollars, adding y amount of dollars (which may not be much less than x) and ending up with something that is worth less than x or y.

Have a chat with Frekeyguy first.

By the description, the damage sounds minor. It is almost sure to cost more to customize than to simply put it right.

The "cafe racer" crowd typically does this sort of thing themselves. Labour costs are killer otherwise. And if you have something in your mind about what you want, it's hard to convey that to someone else to translate into reality. If you are nitpicky, the cost goes up exponentially.

I know Fawaz (Speedworx Superbike Services) has built some custom bikes.

I know Trevor Daley (OneSpeed Racing) does custom stuff.

Town Moto seems to be where a lot of the hipster/retro/cafe racer crowd hang out. I don't know how much of a "mechanic" shop they have.

In either case, be prepared for massive sticker shock ... and probably advice to start with a different bike that has a hope of non-zero value once the project is complete.

It's very easy to spend $5,000 - $10,000 on projects like this. At that point you have to seriously ask whether it's better to just unload your old bike as-is and buy something else you really want.

as said above, projects are generally big $$ when a shop does it, also it takes a while so if you really want to do it I would suggest over the winter.
as far as shops go, Brian P suggested some reputable ones, there are obviously others, but you get what you pay for, lots of guys will take on a project and wont know how to finish it, or will take their sweet time because they have other "quick" jobs to work on that generally bring in more $$, you will get put on the back burner and wont see your bike back for a while.
my advice is sell your bike, and look for an already built cafe racer, it will save you a lot of time, money and headache

Town Moto seems to be where a lot of the hipster/retro/cafe racer crowd hang out. I don't know how much of a "mechanic" shop they have.

Isnt town moto just shop space rental? I dont think anyone there actually works on bikes that arent their own. They have a full garage with a lot of good tools but you'd be doing the work yourself as far as I know. Its also $$$$$$ to rent the space.

Theres a custom shop on kiplin near jevlin, bunch of bikes sitting in the lobby last time I was there, they look cool enough. Theres also a custom shop on ossington just north of queen, cant remember the name but they get good reviews. But really for something like this youre going to want to do it yourself, you'd be looking at like 10k for labor alone, plus all the parts you'd need. Might as well just buy a factory "cafe" at that point, since you wouldnt have actually done any of the work yourself.

Motorcycle Enhancements in oakville does some very clever work. Custom work can be reasonable , its depends on how far you want it to go.

Go talk to a custom bike guy. You'll never know what your project will cost, till you ask. Ever bike will be different.

There are a ton of custom shops around. Do some research, find a respected one. Trevor Daly from Onespeed does some pretty awesome work, that's where I'd start.

Back
Top Bottom