Turkey Point / Port Rowan route | GTAMotorcycle.com

Turkey Point / Port Rowan route

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Hi all,

I have to be at a place near Port Rowan on Saturday morning for 11am and returning back to Mississauga in the afternoon. Any good paved roads or routes to suggest to get out that way? I usually avoid that part of the province, so I don't know any of the roads out there.

Cheers!
Shane

The coast roads around there are quite nice. South Coast road and New Lakeshore past Nanticoke off RR3. You might want to take a ride that way to Port Burwell and see HMS Ojibwa, a fairly interesting Cold War era Oberon class hunter-killer submarine.

To go to Port Dover, I usually follow River Road on the west side of the Grand River south of Caledonia - cross over the Grand on the regional road 9 bridge. Keep going south of Cayuga. Eventually it turns away from the river and heads south, there is a short piece of gravel about 1 km long, not a big deal. That goes south to Lakeshore. Lakeshore actually starts a bit east of there, but the piece you miss isn't really anything to write home about.

Near Selkirk you will be sent north ... turn left on Blue Water Parkway and keep going. At Selkirk Provincial Park you have to go around the block and drop back down to the lakeshore because the park goes down to the waterfront.

At Nanticoke you have to detour inland around the power plant, but go south again to follow New Lake Shore Road.

I haven't ventured much past Port Dover.

Take Nelson St West out of Port Dover heading west. Turn south on Port Ryerse road. In Port Ryerse turn right on Front Rd and stay on that road till you get to Port Rowan. One of the better roads in all south Ontario.

The only thing with Lake Shore and/or Front - you have to go SLOW. Sand, residents, dogs, swarms of flies, etc.

Indeed. It's a scenic route. Not really good for going beyond the posted limit around the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom