looking for a scooter | GTAMotorcycle.com

looking for a scooter

rakkaus

it's between a Vespa or Honda Jazz, I'm leaning toward the Jazz since it's a lot cheaper.
has anyone has experience on any? and which one is more reliable? thanks

Before you decide on anything, inquire about insurance. It will be much more than you think. I'm assuming you have a motorcycle license.

Last edited:
Before you decide on anything, inquire about insurance. It will be much more than you think. I'm assuming you have a motorcycle license.

I have my full M 2 years ago and I'm way over 30, I wouldn't think it cost more than my cbr250 and I'm paying 500 for the cbr250

you may also want to consider a yamaha vino. Insurance will be highest on the vespa since its steel body and if it falls over its quiet expensive to make it right.

I would recommend a scooter at least 150cc's, that way you can keep up with all sorts of traffic.

hmm i was wrong, these scooters cost more than my cbr250 ;D
Statefarm quotes
Vino $712, Vespa $698, Jazz is not listed in their system.

hmm i was wrong, these scooters cost more than my cbr250 ;D
Statefarm quotes
Vino $712, Vespa $698, Jazz is not listed in their system.
I paid $400 with Allstate when I had my scooter. Give them a shout.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I have a 2001 Yamaha Vino 50cc 2 stroke. Cost me 49$ a year. Full M license 1 car 2 bikes on the policy. Good for around town but the skinny small tires and poor suspension makes it a difficult ride on bumpy roads.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I paid $400 with Allstate when I had my scooter. Give them a shout.

I'm paying $242 for my 50cc scooter with TD but I'm older married and "responsible". I ride a Kymco Super 9LC 2t loads of fun and takes the beating I keep giving it.

Am I the only one wondering why the OP isn't looking for a Ruckus?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Anything under 500cc will be about the same insurance premium, so why limit yourself to 50ccs? The Big Ruckus would be great but hard to find and more expensive. The Vespa will have more lower fairing coverage. Consider the Honda Grom as well. Why are you going smaller, rather than sideways/a little larger?

My recollection of a 70cc Honda Passport, 3sp was not good for keeping up with traffic, and suspension was bone jarring. Ditto for a friend's Tomos 50cc moped, who incidentally pays $400/yr to insure. Skinny tires, limited suspension = bone jarring, close to having your fillings vibrated loose.

Last edited:
I actually jumped on the forum today to talk about my new Honda....but i have had two scooters (am in the process of selling my Vespa 250 GTS).

I used Riders Plus insurance as an M2 rider (I am 42 now, insured when I was 38) and my insurance with them was 800 dollars a year at first, then dropped down to 600.

Now that I am with THE PERSONAL, I pay 420. This was with my M2 as well. There was no drop once I got my full M.

Last edited:
I actually jumped on the forum today to talk about my new Honda....but i have had two scooters (am in the process of selling my Vespa 250 GTS).

I used Riders Plus insurance as an M2 rider (I am 42 now, insured when I was 38) and my insurance with them was 800 dollars a year at first, then dropped down to 600.

Now that I am with THE PERSONAL, I pay 420. This was with my M2 as well. There was no drop once I got my full M.

I'm not getting a scooter if I get quoted 700, still waiting on co-operator for a quote.

Anything under 500cc will be about the same insurance premium, so why limit yourself to 50ccs? The Big Ruckus would be great but hard to find and more expensive. The Vespa will have more lower fairing coverage. Consider the Honda Grom as well. Why are you going smaller, rather than sideways/a little larger?

My recollection of a 70cc Honda Passport, 3sp was not good for keeping up with traffic, and suspension was bone jarring. Ditto for a friend's Tomos 50cc moped, who incidentally pays $400/yr to insure. Skinny tires, limited suspension = bone jarring, close to having your fillings vibrated loose.

Im keeping the cbr250, it's a good size for me, I dont need a bigger bike, having a scooter just another bike to run errands around town.

yeah, when i first bought, everything under 500cc was the same price quoted (except for sport bikes). best get whatever meets your needs.

unless you are in a downtown area and traffic averages 30kph a 50cc be ok. But anything else i second the 150cc with a caveat that a Yamaha BWs125 works well in town and will
hit 90kph. I have one to supplement my Fz07. perfect for city riding.

Back
Top Bottom