Transitioning from a cruiser to a sport bike | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Transitioning from a cruiser to a sport bike

Nah, there's some ignorance and misinformation, but the thread isn't filled with it. Do you see the irony in your statement yet?
It did take a sharp turn somewhere to start talking about girls in the middle, but that's normal around here.

If you want your fill of ignorance and misinformation, there are many, Many, MANY, much better threads for that.

The info I had was that the CBR600RR might be discontinued in Europe if they can't get the emissions down.

https://gearheads.org/the-2017-honda-cbr600rr-it-lives/

It was a localized comment. I did not feel like writing it out in full.
600's are just fine...if anything just drop the front sprocket 1 tooth (add speedo healer) if you want a little more pull from start than stock.

There are dozens of bikes that production will be stopped due to the Euro4 emissions and Euro 5 is around the corner.
BrianP has written about this. There are some good Youtube videos showing the bikes on the chopping block ranging from CBR125 to SV650 to CB600RR.

It does not seem that it is technically possible to meet Euro4/5 standards with smaller cc bikes (needs to be larger than 750cc). Euro 5 looks like to death ax for most of them. Funny thing is while they worry about smaller bikes or bikes in general...all those boats, trains, and planes are free to pollute away.

btw- riding a cruiser and sport bike have very different ergonomics and sport bikes tend to be uncomfortable for most people longer rides vs a cruiser.

油井緋色;2502164 said:
We must be in different age groups. Though I am approaching that age where all of my friends are having accidents.

That would put you at 16 years old if your life is like mine. That's when the friends started having accidents.

Now I'm at the age where they're all trying to get some babies made while they still can. And those others are worrying they're going to become grand parents. lol

That would put you at 16 years old if your life is like mine. That's when the friends started having accidents.

Now I'm at the age where they're all trying to get some babies made while they still can. And those others are worrying they're going to become grand parents. lol

Haven't you heard. Age is fluid and on a spectrum therefore if you feel like 20 tmrw then so be it and the day after you can be 50. Why not?:D

Haven't you heard. Age is fluid and on a spectrum therefore if you feel like 20 tmrw then so be it and the day after you can be 50. Why not?:D

Great. Can you write the letter to Justin? I want to start collecting my OAS now, I feel like I'm 85, so since I haven't collected for the last 20 years, I should get more, shouldn't I??? ;)

Great. Can you write the letter to Justin? I want to start collecting my OAS now, I feel like I'm 85, so since I haven't collected for the last 20 years, I should get more, shouldn't I??? ;)

I think they are broke but wth try it anyways.
Get a letter from CAMH and then file a Human Rights complaint against the govt.
Might as well join the stranger things happening train.:lmao:

06-12 Daytona's have a low profile seat available which drops it about 1/2" there is also the option of (professionally) shaving the seat for 1". I'm 6'0 and am barely able to put both feet down (28" inseam), my friend 5'7" whos had much more experience riding can just hope on and go, tippy toeing @ traffic lights; although it was pretty scary watching him maneuver my bike out of parking spot lol I would tend to agree that modifying the suspension geometry is a no no, but I have also read many threads in other forums that say if a lower seat height can inspire more rider confidence then it should be done.

Back
Top Bottom