Parking question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking question

Hey, I've been riding for a couple of weeks now and just had a question on parking.
In front of my office building is a paved area where people usually go out, have a smoke and such at. Plenty of room. In front of that area is the public sidewalk.
I was just wondering if I could park my bike on the paved area, and if it's alright to ride my bike on the sidewalk to get to that area for parking. (A curb being not far at all <15 feet)

Driving on a side walk unless it's crossing a driveway, is illegal....if you are seen. Where you want to park may be part of the building property, ask them.

It is illegal for any vehicle to be ridden on the sidewalk. This includes bicycles, though you would never know it.
If you can push your motorcycle from the street to your parking area that would be legal.
The area where you wish to park is private property. The property owner has the right to restrict parking.
Don't be surprised if a tag appears on your bike. Also don't be surprised if a number of motorcycles join you there in the next few days.
That will be followed by the no parking signs being posted shortly thereafter.

Hey, I've been riding for a couple of weeks now and just had a question on parking.
In front of my office building is a paved area where people usually go out, have a smoke and such at. Plenty of room. In front of that area is the public sidewalk.
I was just wondering if I could park my bike on the paved area, and if it's alright to ride my bike on the sidewalk to get to that area for parking. (A curb being not far at all <15 feet)

It depends, take a picture and show. I sometimes ride from the road on to small concrete alley/walkway between two buildings by going over the sidewalk that’s on the road to park in that alley. 15-20 bikes parked there with no issue for over 5yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't give a location and parking rules vary by municipality. In some cases you can't park on boulevards, front yards etc. Just because it's paved it doesn't mean you can park there. Scooters get more tolerance than motorcycles.

Back
Top Bottom