Did My Insurence Broker Lied To My Face On The Phone?? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did My Insurence Broker Lied To My Face On The Phone??

If I regularly grease my axle sticks, is there a reduction in insurance cost for regular maintenance?

Another great Peggy thread!

Would have never guessed the "over 40" age group...

That^. Also, your insurance isn't just connected to what you do. Say you have a nice Triumph Daytona for example and you are the perfect example of a responsible rider, well that doesn't matter. Because some clown who wrecks at least 1 bike every season, acting like every backroad is his own personal Monaco is going to go and plow his daytona head on into a porsche after crossing a double solid line in a blind curve. So you didn't do anything wrong, but your rate goes up.

You don't make sense. So you're saying that I can be a model citizen rider but I will always pay large insurance money because there are hooligans who crash every year. But remember.... those hooligans are "taken off" the system and put into facility insurance immediately, the danger is taken away from the pool, so why keep punishing the model citizens??

In Texas there are also hooligans crashing a bike every year but bike insurance over there is like $350/year. Can you explain this one away?

You don't make sense. So you're saying that I can be a model citizen rider but I will always pay large insurance money because there are hooligans who crash every year. But remember.... those hooligans are "taken off" the system and put into facility insurance immediately, the danger is taken away from the pool, so why keep punishing the model citizens??

In Texas there are also hooligans crashing a bike every year but bike insurance over there is like $350/year. Can you explain this one away?
Comparable coverage is the same price in the US as most of Canada.

They just have much lower minimums and a population 10x larger to pool money from.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

You're now subsidizing others, if you pay your insurance outright, and don't have minor at fault accidents: "The government has lowered the maximum interest rate that an insurer can charge for monthly auto premium payments and prohibited minor at-fault accidents from boosting premiums."

You don't make sense. So you're saying that I can be a model citizen rider but I will always pay large insurance money because there are hooligans who crash every year. But remember.... those hooligans are "taken off" the system and put into facility insurance immediately, the danger is taken away from the pool, so why keep punishing the model citizens??...

A crash would be a data point. Just because they go on a different insurance policy which happens to be guaranteed by the province, does not mean their data is expunged from the database. Data builds up and premiums are based on their history. Until you change your personal circumstances and are classified differently, i.e. move to a different location, buy a 50cc bike, get old, die, stop riding, your premiums will be as they are today.

We all pay for those who go hooligan.

Thats ok, Insurance companies are run by paper pushing accountants who dont know jack **** besides data which they tunnel vision from, which is fine, if you can use the data to your advantage, go right ahead.

Gsxr 600? 5000$/year

Aprilia Tuono? 2000/year

Go tuono!

I just called my insurance broker because my policy ends this summer and I want to re-negotiate it. There are new laws in Ontario and you don't have to have the mandatory maximum $2 million coverage in Ontario. Here's how exactly the phone call went;

Me: Hi I'm calling regarding my policy, it ends this summer I want to negotiate.

Broker: Name and policy please.

Me: Blah blah blah

Broker: Okay your new rate for next year will be $803/yr.

Me: WTF? I'm paying $740, where do you get your $800 from?

Broker: It's your new rate, it went up $60.

Me: Anyways, I'm calling because the laws changed in Ontario, I don't need the $2 million coverage, put me down to the lowest liability possible.

Broker: You already have that sir.

Me: What are you talking about? The laws changed last year, first time calling you about it, when did I called you guys to lower my liability?

Broker: I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying.

Me: The laws in Ontario changed, now I can get a way lower liability amount instead of the $2 million, you are a broker and you were not aware of this?

Broker: Sir, even if we drop you to the lowest liability tier your rate will still only come down $10 dollars for the year.

Me: Okay I'm going to start shopping around then

Broker: Okay can you....

Me: ***CLICK***

Is this broker full of it? Do I have a good deal $800/year (one-way only) for a sport-touring motorcycle that's more than 10 years old? (I live in Toronto, over 40, no tickets, no accidents, with "M" licence for the last 10 years).

$10 dollar drop for a year if they lower my $2 million liability to $200,000? Yeah right.

I am a first time rider with a 2018 GSX S750 and I am only paying $972/year. Call Ron Calderon @Dalton Timmis 905-335-7447 he will shop around for you. You can call him but he will ask you to email him your info, he is fast at getting back as well.

I am a first time rider with a 2018 GSX S750 and I am only paying $972/year. Call Ron Calderon @Dalton Timmis 905-335-7447 he will shop around for you. You can call him but he will ask you to email him your info, he is fast at getting back as well.

Then why do you have 3 bikes in your sig?

Also what is age and location?

Gsxs should be cheaper than the evil gsxr.

Gsxs should be cheaper than the evil gsxr.

By that logic the r3 should also be a non sport bike but.....according to some it isnt. A lot of misconceptions among underwriting industry, and it have to be one discerning agent indeed to be able to differentiate between a gsxs and a gsxr

By that logic the r3 should also be a non sport bike but.....according to some it isnt. A lot of misconceptions among underwriting industry, and it have to be one discerning agent indeed to be able to differentiate between a gsxs and a gsxr

After a few claims against the gsxs, I'm sure it'll go up.

Usually anything with an 'r' in it gets a sport bike surcharge, because letters are dangerous.

I just called my insurance broker because my policy ends this summer and I want to re-negotiate it. There are new laws in Ontario and you don't have to have the mandatory maximum $2 million coverage in Ontario. Here's how exactly the phone call went;

Me: Hi I'm calling regarding my policy, it ends this summer I want to negotiate.

Broker: Name and policy please.

Me: Blah blah blah

Broker: Okay your new rate for next year will be $803/yr.

Me: WTF? I'm paying $740, where do you get your $800 from?

Broker: It's your new rate, it went up $60.

Me: Anyways, I'm calling because the laws changed in Ontario, I don't need the $2 million coverage, put me down to the lowest liability possible.

Broker: You already have that sir.

Me: What are you talking about? The laws changed last year, first time calling you about it, when did I called you guys to lower my liability?

Broker: I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying.

Me: The laws in Ontario changed, now I can get a way lower liability amount instead of the $2 million, you are a broker and you were not aware of this?

Broker: Sir, even if we drop you to the lowest liability tier your rate will still only come down $10 dollars for the year.

Me: Okay I'm going to start shopping around then

Broker: Okay can you....

Me: ***CLICK***

Is this broker full of it? Do I have a good deal $800/year (one-way only) for a sport-touring motorcycle that's more than 10 years old? (I live in Toronto, over 40, no tickets, no accidents, with "M" licence for the last 10 years).

$10 dollar drop for a year if they lower my $2 million liability to $200,000? Yeah right.

I pay around $600 for my CBR1000, I'm 31 and they also insure my house and two cars. Contact Grant Redfern at Allstate gredfern@allstate.ca

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

You're going for ASL on GTAM?

Not a dating site.

900/year for gsxs 750, im going to guess you are in your 30s and living in uxbridge probably works in your favor as well

Regardless , how do you like the gsxs 750? Did you try and demo any other bikes while shopping?

Gsxs750 was the only one that had my attention. It's a 2018. Thing is a beast. Makes the 600 gsxr feel like a slug. Bottom end torque is amazing and it has decent top end as well. At shannonville the guys were surprised how aggressive it was. The other contenders like Ducati, Yamaha had way more power but not the best handling. I wanted something to commute and take to the track. Fits my use perfect

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

After a few claims against the gsxs, I'm sure it'll go up.

Usually anything with an 'r' in it gets a sport bike surcharge, because letters are dangerous.

Kinda like how AllState refused to insure me for a CBR125 because it was "too much" a few years ago? :p

Kinda like how AllState refused to insure me for a CBR125 because it was "too much" a few years ago? :p

all state is a special kind of stupid, they said the same for the R3 for me

Back
Top Bottom