Did My Insurence Broker Lied To My Face On The Phone?? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did My Insurence Broker Lied To My Face On The Phone??

I pay around $600 for my CBR1000, I'm 31 and they also insure my house and two cars. Contact Grant Redfern at Allstate gredfern@allstate.ca

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

No thanks, in 2004 I called State Farm for a quote for a dual-sport 250cc (Yamaha XT) and they quoted me $1600 a year. I called Jevco (Duffy Ins) and they quoted me $350/year. Figure that one out. I consider State Farm a pariah.

No thanks, in 2004 I called State Farm for a quote for a dual-sport 250cc (Yamaha XT) and they quoted me $1600 a year. I called Jevco (Duffy Ins) and they quoted me $350/year. Figure that one out. I consider State Farm a pariah.

Aren't state farm and allstate different companies?

Kinda like how AllState refused to insure me for a CBR125 because it was "too much" a few years ago? :p

Odd, maybe luck of the draw regarding agent and also bikes/history/location/etc. I switched everything to Allstate this year, and saving around $500-700 across the car, bike, and home. Kicking myself I didn't do it sooner actually.

LOL. It amazes me how this hasn't become a huge issue with the public. Your coverage with the new legislation dropped by about half. But...your rates stay almost exactly the same. The insurance companies were supposed to pass the lower cost of coverage on to their customers. That didn't happen. You pay what you pay because they know you have no choice. That is the problem with a free market versus captive market. We're getting screwed in Ontario. I never thought I would consider it, but we probably need a government insurance industry like British Columbia has (yes, they pay a lot less there).

Back
Top Bottom