GBM - Tuesday June 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GBM - Tuesday June 13

smergy

Site Supporter
Just wondering what layout? Hopefully technical after the CSBK races? I'm planning on going for both :)

I'll be there, I was hoping for technical or long but hey, I'm riding so that's good

I think long would be ideal as it is the next round of SOAR. Is there any way to vote??? Maybe we can all ask for a change?

They ran long track last two wheel tuesday, but I'm game for any other layout, even reverse alien

I think long would be ideal as it is the next round of SOAR. Is there any way to vote??? Maybe we can all ask for a change?

They ran long track last two wheel tuesday, but I'm game for any other layout, even reverse alien

Quit your complaining... hehehehe...
Just cause you won't be able to open the CBR to full capability on the straights... ;-)
You'll still kick my sorry butt everywhere else though... sigh..

I setup the layout rotation to give everyone( tuesday full day and Thursday evening) the opportunity to run each of the layouts except Modified. BUT we don't really care what the layout is, so if there is a major concensus on a particular layout we can run it. So maybe someone can setup a poll and we can look at the results. - I will tell you I am not changing the posted layout if only one or two guys are looking for a change to a particular layout - that is not a concensus.
Also if any of the Tuesdays or Thursdays fall in the week leading into a SOAR event - we will not run that race configuration because it is being run that Friday.

Hey Paul,

not everyone attending is a GTAM member. I can setup a poll if requested. Is doing at the riders meeting too late?

I setup the layout rotation to give everyone( tuesday full day and Thursday evening) the opportunity to run each of the layouts except Modified. BUT we don't really care what the layout is, so if there is a major concensus on a particular layout we can run it. So maybe someone can setup a poll and we can look at the results. - I will tell you I am not changing the posted layout if only one or two guys are looking for a change to a particular layout - that is not a concensus.
Also if any of the Tuesdays or Thursdays fall in the week leading into a SOAR event - we will not run that race configuration because it is being run that Friday.

Was a great track day, loads of riding time as 2 groups 20 min each. Thanks to all the staff who put on a great day.

Thanks to all the marshals; had a great day again and my little SV is starting to feel real good under me. See you all next time.

Thanks to Paul and all of the staff at GBM for putting this on, it was an excellent run day!

Agreed. A well run day!
Aside from a few minor crashes, a black flag and a couple minor things, the day couldn't have been any better!

Now to get my stupid GoPro lens shield replaced... took a rock or something off it going down the back straight... curses! (*update* The object (something on track kicked up by his rear tire) came from Smergy's bike - curse you Smergy! Curses!!! hehehehe)

Last edited:
what was the black flag for?

what was the black flag for?

Rider in green bumped to the fast group without telling the marshalls. Took 3 laps for him to realize the flag was for him.

Uploading some highlights of my sessions to YouTube now.. will post it once it's done.

Last edited:
Here's the highlight video... If you want to see me look stupid, have a peek around the 12 minute mark and at the end... sigh...
Followed a few people around a bit before before passing in case they wanted to see how they're doing... hope you like it! (had to put in a music track, as the wind noise was excessive and completely annoying).

Any feedback would be appreciated! Be it lines, video or whatever...

[video=youtube_share;u7miQ6KzZM0]http://youtu.be/u7miQ6KzZM0[/video]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom