Daytrips From Niagara | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daytrips From Niagara

Hardwrkr13

Site Supporter
We're spending a few days in Niagara and looking for some good routes using there as a home-base. Any ideas?

We're spending a few days in Niagara and looking for some good routes using there as a home-base. Any ideas?

Check out http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-canada-/ontario--___58692.html it has most of the routes. RR 69 is also good, follow from St. Catharines out to RR20 (some heavy construction currently along RR20 (not to be confused with HWY 20 / Lundy's Lane).

Parkway is always good but usually slower (and more dangerous) due to tourists not know where they are going.

Effingham / Holland route is nice, but sometimes gravel & dirt gets tracked out onto the roads from farmers and residents.

Any other questions just ask

Yup 100% tho you could ride the Niagara River and along Lake Erie to Dover as a pretty day trip ...I like to do it once in a while...you have to stay right on the lake ( ie around Selkirk ) and you could extend to Long Point

Being that close to the border, I'd hit PA.

Have any roads there to recommend?

Yup 100% tho you could ride the Niagara River and along Lake Erie to Dover as a pretty day trip ...I like to do it once in a while...you have to stay right on the lake ( ie around Selkirk ) and you could extend to Long Point

May do this again but we did it last year for Dover.

Check out http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-canada-/ontario--___58692.html it has most of the routes. RR 69 is also good, follow from St. Catharines out to RR20 (some heavy construction currently along RR20 (not to be confused with HWY 20 / Lundy's Lane).

Parkway is always good but usually slower (and more dangerous) due to tourists not know where they are going.

Effingham / Holland route is nice, but sometimes gravel & dirt gets tracked out onto the roads from farmers and residents.

Any other questions just ask

In Niagara-On-The-Lake the shopping zombies have yet to realize they are crossing streets not wandering in a mall. One of the reasons for my loud horn thread elsewhere.

If you're already in NF then I'd extend this and go to Point Pelee hugging the lake as much as possible, it's a nice ride. If you're pressed for time on the return trip you could slab it back on the 401 and then get off and go cross country to NF vs. the 403

Yes absolutely.
This thread has a bunch listed for you if you wanted to pick some specific ones: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?199572-Stateside-Roads-the-twistier-the-better!
This thread has a few nice routes of the area: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...4-Pennsylvania-Ride-Canada-Day-overnight-trip
Have fun!
Allegheny Park is likely the furthest south we'll make it in one day. I'll see if I can figure a decent route down and through the park.

If you're already in NF then I'd extend this and go to Point Pelee hugging the lake as much as possible, it's a nice ride. If you're pressed for time on the return trip you could slab it back on the 401 and then get off and go cross country to NF vs. the 403
This will likely be one of the days.

Have any roads there to recommend?

take 62 south and cut east across allegheny from Warren or West Hickory, come back home up 219

alternatively go south on 219 go west or east at so,me point and loop home. Easy to do some 600-80 km loops, should take you a good day to loop leave in the morning be home around dinner if you take your time and see some sights.

We pretty much did this. Took 62 south and at the top of Allegheny and when we stopped for gas and the owner gave us a great route. Took 219 back and stopped at Bobs for pizza. Really good day.

Oh and the gas station owner told us we'd likely see deer, bear, and possibly rattlesnake on the loop. Sure enough as soon as we started down Rte 666 I narrowly missed a snake on the road and 5k later a big deer ran across the road 20m in front of me. No bears though.

Still deer carcass on the road every 5k it seemed so wear that gear.

Back
Top Bottom