New rider need help got screwed over by a dealer. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider need help got screwed over by a dealer.

Possible that the dealer had a bait&switch going, advertising an amazing deal on a specific bike, but it'll be gone when you show up with a higher-price bike available. Told you they wouldn't sell when they realized you were serious about driving in from so far away and didn't want an even bigger scene when you show up.

A lawyer's hourly fee would probably be more than you were going to save by buying this bike. If they don't laugh you out of their office first.

Thanks for you input buddy..i am a highly educated professional and i am pretty sure i know the hourly rates for a lawyer. I wasn't planning to hire one either to go after them. I just wanted to see if I can get some advise from some fellow gtam members who might be in the legal profession and get their input, i can always go after them myself using different channels if i feel it is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Possible that the dealer had a bait&switch going, advertising an amazing deal on a specific bike, but it'll be gone when you show up with a higher-price bike available. Told you they wouldn't sell when they realized you were serious about driving in from so far away and didn't want an even bigger scene when you show up.

But they have the price on their website too clearly and only charge tax on it. So i don't know if they can legally refuse to sell the bike to the locals at least based on their advertised price without getting into trouble. But you are right they probably wanted to sell something else along with it before giving a good deal on a bike.

Thanks for you input buddy..i am a highly educated professional and i am pretty sure i know the hourly rates for a lawyer. I wasn't planning to hire one either to go after them. I just wanted to see if I can get some advise from some fellow gtam members who might be in the legal profession and get their input, i can always go after them myself using different channels if i feel it is worth it.

:lmao:

Are there any lawyers who can provide advise or help or anyone with similar experience can share their thoughts as to what to do at least to teach them a lesson not to do this to other people.

As far as my reading comprehension goes, and I am not a 'highly trained professional', this sounds pretty much like you were looking for a lawyer.

As for the rest of your grammar, spelling, logic, etc. goes, what kind of highly trained professional did you say you were?

Last edited:
083.gif

As far as my reading comprehension goes, and I am not a 'highly trained professional', this sounds pretty much like you were looking for a lawyer.

As for the rest of your grammar, spelling, logic, etc. goes, what kind of highly trained professional did you say you were?

Haha you are funny. I was only looking for advise/input here on this forum but definitely not from someone like you. If i wanted to hire a lawyer i wouldn't be posting here.. i would have picked up the phone and hired one already lol. You should go become an English teacher and correct other people's grammar if that is what turns you on. Going forward please keep your useless comments to yourself, you obviously don't have anything relevant to say. And if you want to quote me at least get the quote right genius.

Last edited:
Haha you are funny. I was only looking for advise/input here on this forum but definitely not from someone like you. If i wanted to hire a lawyer i wouldn't be posting here.. i would have picked up the phone and hired one already lol. You should go become an English teacher and correct other people's grammar if that is what turns you on. Going forward please keep your useless comments to yourself, you obviously don't have anything relevant to say.

You got your answer.

Nothing you can do. Move on with your life.

Stop being so condescending.

You got your answer.

Nothing you can do. Move on with your life.

Stop being so condescending.

I wasn't trying to be condescending. I didn't start anything, was only responding to his useless and disrespectful comments. I have already moved on thanks!!. But it seems like few people here have nothing better to do than to post useless responses/comments and disrespect others . I was only looking for constructive inputs/ and a healthy conversation. Anyways i am out of here.

Here's another perspective for you to think about. Selling a new bike out of the crate(I'm assuming), the dealer has to have the title prepared and transferred. There is a provincial border between you and that dealer, and not a friendly border either where these sorts of tranactions are concerned. Transferring vehicles between these two provinces is a ***** apparently to begin with, even if you are moving residence from one province to the next, think how much fun it would be to try and title a vehicle in quebec, to an ontario driver's license. That's just a thought on titling.

Now we'll go into the promotional aspect of it. Have you ever read contest or promotion rules, and found a line that reads "Not applicable to residents of Quebec"? Maybe it goes the other way too.

So just maybe, the first guy you talked to, either wasn't aware you were from Ontario, or didn't know that they (possibly)couldn't legally sell you the bike(I'm speculating, maybe it is legal), or that it would be overly difficult to do it legally. Come to think of it, years ago a friend and I were stranded in Quebec wen his jeep blew the motor. We ended up buying an accord in Hull, but we had to get his girlfriends parents to plate it because he couldn't register with an out of province license. So anyway, second guy notices you're from Ontario and says sorry no we can't sell you the bike we can only sell to Quebec residents. Then without thinking, you get heated thinking you've been victimized.

Changing an out of province ownership to an Ontario one is *not* a big deal - show up with current ownership, proof of ID, pay tax, get new Ontario ownership.

If the vehicle is actually in your name from the other province (IE you're moving to Ontario and it's your own vehicle) it's even easier - no tax to pay, you're exempt.

Just sayin'.

But for a new vehicle sale, pretty sure dealer has to title it, can't title to an oop license.

But for a new vehicle sale, pretty sure dealer has to title it, can't title to an oop license.

Should already be titled in the dealerships name, so they could just do like any private sale and provide the related purchasers portion of the ownership and be done with it once they have the cash in hand.

I understand that dealerships generally do like to do the ownership transfer themselves (and they often charge for the privilege) but I'm sure something could be worked out in this situation.

Here's another perspective for you to think about. Selling a new bike out of the crate(I'm assuming), the dealer has to have the title prepared and transferred. There is a provincial border between you and that dealer, and not a friendly border either where these sorts of tranactions are concerned. Transferring vehicles between these two provinces is a ***** apparently to begin with, even if you are moving residence from one province to the next, think how much fun it would be to try and title a vehicle in quebec, to an ontario driver's license. That's just a thought on titling.

Now we'll go into the promotional aspect of it. Have you ever read contest or promotion rules, and found a line that reads "Not applicable to residents of Quebec"? Maybe it goes the other way too.

So just maybe, the first guy you talked to, either wasn't aware you were from Ontario, or didn't know that they (possibly)couldn't legally sell you the bike(I'm speculating, maybe it is legal), or that it would be overly difficult to do it legally. Come to think of it, years ago a friend and I were stranded in Quebec wen his jeep blew the motor. We ended up buying an accord in Hull, but we had to get his girlfriends parents to plate it because he couldn't register with an out of province license. So anyway, second guy notices you're from Ontario and says sorry no we can't sell you the bike we can only sell to Quebec residents. Then without thinking, you get heated thinking you've been victimized.

Thanks for your input. No in this case the sales person was the sales manager of the dealership and i spoke with the same person again later when i was about to leave to pick up the bike just to confirm everything and make sure he can reserve one for me but he suddenly changed his mind and said would only sell it to locals because it was a really good deal. I had already communicated to him, as i said in my original post, that i was coming from Toronto and planned to bring the bike back here when i first spoke with him before arranging everything. Their advertisement for this bike did not restrict the sale to residents of Quebec and it is still up on the dealership's website. I even asked about transferring title and how taxes will be treated since i am an ontario resident and he said it is easy and i just pay full taxes there and i can get the QST portion back by filling out a form in a couple of weeks. I was planning to bring the bike back in a pickup and then register it in ontario and pay the ontario tax here.

So is the bike still advertised ?

If yes, hop into your truck and trailer, and go buy it, doubt they can or will refuse you the sale if your standing in the showroom, if is advertised price, then it's yours when you get there

A whole lot of drama for nothing, as far as I can see

I doubt they would sell 3 bikes so quickly, that if you got there by the time they open in the morning, I would bet all 3 would still be there..

Last edited:
If you are that upset with how this particular dealer treated you as a potential customer. Why don't you just contact the manufacturer of the bike's head office in Canadq e.g. Yamaha Canada and report them. At the very least they will be on record of the situation and what has occurred. If this is any sort of a reputable dealer they wouldn't want any bad public relations with the head office of the manufacturer. Dealers try really hard to get recognized as a main seller for any given product. Plus the manufacturer may offer you some sort of credit for what you went through if you are still interested in their product.

+1 yup. This appears to be exactly what it is. and it appears to still be going on.... get you into the showroom pricing that doesn't exist. If I were the OP I would contact the manufacturers cdn office and explain what happened.

Other than that, you can name and shame. Im not all that surprised this happened to you.

dealer says ok come get it. and then after you rent a truck the dealer says "no we won't sell to you." NOT ACCEPTABLE. YOUR OUT MONEY through no fault of your own. Just another azzhole dealership....plenty around. Don't understand why posters condone, make excuses, and support the dealer after this BS.

Last edited:

So just maybe, the first guy you talked to, either wasn't aware you were from Ontario, or didn't know that they (possibly)couldn't legally sell you the bike(I'm speculating, maybe it is legal), or that it would be overly difficult to do it legally.

huh?

Don't understand why posters condone, make excuses, and support the dealer after this BS.

I'm not condoning it at all, but I also wouldn't be getting my boxers all twisted into a knot about it like the OP is. I'd have washed my hands of it about 20 minutes after that phone call, promptly after leaving a factually honest negative review on Google and a few other choice review based sites.

Back
Top Bottom