New rider need help got screwed over by a dealer. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider need help got screwed over by a dealer.

If you are that upset with how this particular dealer treated you as a potential customer. Why don't you just contact the manufacturer of the bike's head office in Canadq e.g. Yamaha Canada and report them. At the very least they will be on record of the situation and what has occurred. If this is any sort of a reputable dealer they wouldn't want any bad public relations with the head office of the manufacturer. Dealers try really hard to get recognized as a main seller for any given product. Plus the manufacturer may offer you some sort of credit for what you went through if you are still interested in their product.

Yeah that is a good idea thanks. It was a Yamaha R3 bike too. They just removed the add from their website to cover their tracks perhaps but i had already taken a screenshot before. I will make sure this dealership pays for what it did and i will name them soon so hopefully others can avoid their traps in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Last edited:
Dealt with an issue with a dealership once. Contacted Toyota and they said there's nothing they can do to intervene. So name the dealership already and post the screen shot.

Bought a car once that had to be delivered from another dealer.

Went in to pick it up, only to find out that it had been sold to someone else, by that other dealer.

Same family owned both dealerships.

Apparently, it happens all the time.

Same experience. Put a deposit down on a car, got the bill of sale, VIN number and everything. When I went to pick it up, they told me they sold it to somebody else willing to pay more. They shrugged their shoulders and refunded my deposit.

It's not worth the time or money pursuing this. Just move on.

Same experience. Put a deposit down on a car, got the bill of sale, VIN number and everything. When I went to pick it up, they told me they sold it to somebody else willing to pay more. They shrugged their shoulders and refunded my deposit.

It's not worth the time or money pursuing this. Just move on.

Hmmm... if you bought the same car elsewhere at a higher price, you could've claimed the difference. Not sure if worth the time/effort/small-claims-court-fees. Maybe just for fun and entertainment.

I'm not condoning it at all, but I also wouldn't be getting my boxers all twisted into a knot about it like the OP is. I'd have washed my hands of it about 20 minutes after that phone call, promptly after leaving a factually honest negative review on Google and a few other choice review based sites.

you can contact OMVIC and see if they can give you some information regarding the Quebec Counterpart!

And everyone else in Ontario Go through OMVIC
No dealership wants to mess with OMVIC (my ex use to work at a dealership, told me all the dirty little secrets)

Last edited:
you can contact OMVIC and see if they can give you some information regarding the Quebec Counterpart!

And everyone else in Ontario Go through OMVIC
No dealership wants to mess with OMVIC (my ex use to work at a dealership, told me all the dirty little secrets)

Thanks for the useful tip, I will contact them. Welcome to the forum btw. I also ended up getting a cbr500r just like yours and I couldn't be happier with the choice :) PM me if you feel like going for a ride sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Omg yayyyy cbr500 is the best
I love it
And so down for a ride

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Legal action in PQ could be in French and they also have different legal codes.

If you aren't fully fluent they can get you chasing your own tail.

So far anything the dealership has done wrong is verbal between two people with no witnesses. If you're going to put your side of things in print you don't have any proof of what happened or was said. He said, I said. Be careful of the libel angle.

Choose your battles wisely or you'll be too tired to fight the ones that really matter.

was riding back from the east coast and stopped at a bike dealer just east of Montreal
cuz I needed chain lube, gal at the parts counter was very rude to me because I'm English
forced me to deal with a bilingual co-worker, this hurt my feelings and I've not recovered,
may be in counseling for 6 months to feel whole again....but on the upside...
my lawyer has filed Charter of Rights and Freedoms complaint against them, will be in the courts
for about 3 years and cost me about 30K, so I empathize with you OP

Back
Top Bottom