Paint | GTAMotorcycle.com

Paint

mbroyda

so the wife decided that the track/race machine looks ugly (I think my fiberglass repair and rattle can paint skills are great for the record), and went ahead and got me some new body work for my birthday................YAY...............but now I dont think the rattle can is going to cut it so I have to pay someone to paint it..........****

so who do you guys send your fairings to? I'm looking for a basic (read cheap) 2 tone scheme because it only a matter of time before I **** it up

Cheers

Max

Last edited:
As you know the cheapest is if you do it yourself, that being said you can get great paint here, and get the 2K clear coat as well, for a durable finish, remember the best results start with the best prep work....

CMAX Brampton
19 RUTHERFORD RD S
BRAMPTON, ON L6W 3J3
(905) 451-6646

https://www.napacanada.com/en/on/brampton/store/1000500

have a look here on my first ever attempt at a rattle can paint job, but using good quality products...

http://yamaha-fz750.blogspot.ca/

if you scroll down it will show you what I did, yes it's in a paint booth, but any area that is free of dust and such will work, you can even make your own paint booth using PVC pipe, and some plastic

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Paint-Booth-in-Your-Garage

unfortunately our resident painter Carbon Cat no longer paints, but it's who I would have used, and did while he was in the business....

sorry I don't know of anyone now....

I got some paint from paintforcars.com (they only ship within the US so you'll have to go get it in Niagara Falls or something) and sprayed it myself.

Fairly easy and I was very satisfied with the results. I got a single stage acrylic enamel and a couple guns from Harbor Freight.

Impera auto body in Scarborough just painted my track bodywork.
Came out fantastic.
Before - top
After - bottom
IMG_20170515_124944_zpsfpabaote.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Charles knows. Hahaha
He had input on my final choice. Neon yellow/Black, or Neon Orange/Black.

Today is a sad day for Jasmine... :(

She's very pleased with her bright and shiny new outfit.
She's an attention whore.
You made her that way... :)

What cost range does one expect to pay a shop to paint bodywork?? I too am looking... But want to know what to expect.

I've had it done a few times for ~ $500. I'd say this is decent IF you do repair/sanding/filling yourself.

Mine was $350 including sanding, prep, primer, paint, clear coat, and labour.

I ended up paying a bit more than that though since they repaired some dents in the tank for me, and my choice of neon was a speciality base.

Last edited:
Mine was $350 including sanding, prep, primer, paint, clear coat, and labour.

I ended up paying a bit more than that though since they repaired some dents in the tank for me, and my choice of neon was a speciality base.

really? I called them for a quote and they wanted $600 for 3 pieces...

got a few other quotes from $300 - $400

That's strange.
Mine came to 500 total with repairs and the special base.
Did you speak with Rick?
Try telling him Mike with the Neon R6 sent you. Maybe he'll hook you up...

The few places I tried was $400 for a single colour. I ended up spraying it myself and had nothing but compliments for it. The Spray2K clear made a huge difference and made it quite durable. All-in I was under $100, did three colours and clear.

That's strange.
Mine came to 500 total with repairs and the special base.
Did you speak with Rick?
Try telling him Mike with the Neon R6 sent you. Maybe he'll hook you up...

spoke to a lady, she insisted that its $200 per piece regardless of the size, no big deal, lots of paint shops out there

Kneedragger88 gave me a descent quote, i'll likely go with that

Back
Top Bottom