Need help pricing a bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need help pricing a bike

Sas

Hi Guys,
A friend is an owner of a used car dealership in North York. He received a motorcycle as a trade in from one of his customers and is having a hard time pricing it. I was hoping someone on here would know what it would worth so he can post it for sale for a fair price. It's a 2006 Triumph Sprint ST with 5200km. The only comparable I've found on autotrader has 31000km and they are asking $6K for it. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

What did they trade it in for? How much was the car worth? Did he trade it for like a 2001 civic with 300k or something? I checked kijiji Canada and some Craigslist and they seem to go for $5-7k+ from private owners and auctions. Not many bites tho it seems. Lots of 30-100k across the board.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

$6-7K would be a fair price.

Thanks guys. He said it was traded as a down payment for Mazda 3. I guess I'll tell him $7k since the other bikes for $6k have 6 times the kms

Does it run? It is 10 years old with hardly any mileage. Does it leak? Has it been damaged in any way? Bikes that are not run on a regular basis tend to gum up.

The implication of them not knowing the bike's value is that the trade given for it was so low it amounts to a rip off? In which case, the rip off happened already.

I hear what your saying and yes I'm sure the previous owner didn't get every last dollar for the bike. BUT it takes two to make a deal and if the customer didn't like the offer he can just go sell his bike on Kijiji, it's free but takes some work.

If the original post was similar situation but saying hey this bike has a problem how can my buddy hide it quick to make a sale then I could understand talking about the dealer ripping off customers. Otherwise it's just a stupid statement with no merit without any kind of facts at all.

I've been only riding for about a year. An R3. I don't have much experience with older bikes but I was the one who rode the bike from the customers home to the dealership. Seemed fine. I saw the ABS light come on and off a few times but from my 15 minute ride it felt fine. Accelerated stops and maneuvered we'll. He will obviously sell it "as is" and let the possible purchaser take it to a mechanic to check it and certify it himself.

Back
Top Bottom