Painting Motorcycle Frame and Swingarm | GTAMotorcycle.com

Painting Motorcycle Frame and Swingarm

Ulsterman

I restoring a Yamaha XS650 and was wondering if there was a company in the GTA that could paint the frame. I have used Powder Coat in the past and it's tough and looks good but I want to try and get it as close to the way it left the factory.

Was thinking about POR15 or KBS but I only have a small single car garage and don't want to get over spray over everything, and I think it's also quite toxic.

I've rattle canned parts with Plasti-Kote gloss black.
It seems to stand up well, closely resembles the factory Yamaha finish - and its cheap.

I restoring a Yamaha XS650 and was wondering if there was a company in the GTA that could paint the frame. I have used Powder Coat in the past and it's tough and looks good but I want to try and get it as close to the way it left the factory.

Was thinking about POR15 or KBS but I only have a small single car garage and don't want to get over spray over everything, and I think it's also quite toxic.

POR15, you don't need to spray it on, you can brush it on, and it will self level, I used it on my Yamaha FZ750 when I restored it, it's been a few years now and still looks good...

Ohh and I painted it in the house in the basement, no toxic smells......but do have a window open....

http://yamaha-fz750.blogspot.ca/sea...0-05:00&max-results=20&start=62&by-date=false

P1110942.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom