speed bleeders question | GTAMotorcycle.com

speed bleeders question

boyoboy

going to be changing some front brake calipers on my taurus. always been an old school bleeder without issue but Im thinking speed bleeders would be good to have as I'd like to replace all the brake fluid in the entire brake system.

So...wheres the best price in gta for speed bleeders? thx to those who reply.

Speed bleeders are great but the one downside is there has to be some pressure for them to work.

A cheaper, and better imo, alternative to speed bleeders is to simply put a check valve on a hose connected to the nipple. Just keep pumping the pedal and the fluid will go out, but not get sucked back in. Very quick and easy.

A cheaper, and better imo, alternative to speed bleeders is to simply put a check valve on a hose connected to the nipple. Just keep pumping the pedal and the fluid will go out, but not get sucked back in. Very quick and easy.

OP, try FortNine. That's where I bought mine. They have a few sizes, so measure your bleed screws first. No leaks yet.

Speed bleeders are essentially bleed screws with integrated check valves, aren't they? Apparently they can be more prone to snapping off in the caliper. The factory applied threadlocker adds turning resistance and some people just get too aggressive with the wrench.

Last edited:
I buy mine from Bluestreak. Had them on my Z1000 and now on the GSXR 750. Makes the front brake bleed a breeze, rear i find isn't required. Come in packs of two so that makes it easy to do too.

You can get them from any place that sells them; they just order the correct size and thread and you are good to go. There is a large table to pick your car and such it's simple.

You can get them from any place that sells them; they just order the correct size and thread and you are good to go. There is a large table to pick your car and such it's simple.

cdn tire have them for $20 pair. lol i thought they would be some specialty shop stuff. thx all.

Last edited:
Glad to help. I have always purchased at bluestreak while buying braided lines on a sale, he ships cheap or throw in a motorcycle oil change supplies and it'll be free.

Back
Top Bottom