BlackBerry, Not dead yet.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

BlackBerry, Not dead yet....

SunnY S

Site Supporter
We haven't had a good BlackBerry discussion in a while.

This is a resilient company that refuses to die. See the stock lately and analysts future predictions?

Anywho, my S7 doesn't really light my fire, miss my old BB's of old with a real keyboard. Majority of my phone use is productivity, have a Tab for all the fun stuff.

KeyONE is coming soon, BB has had a few years to marry Android to keyboard phones, and I believe keyONE is the best response yet.

Until the Note 8 arrives, (my Note 7 was truly the best phone I've ever owned), I'm gonna give the keyONE a whirl and a twirl.....

#MakeBlackBerryGreatAgain
#BringBackBBM

Sub'd, interested to hear how you like it.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Funny you should mention this.

I'm fed up buying crap from Apple and Samsung that only lasts 12 months.

My Galaxy just died 2 weeks out of the warranty period, and I had a Blackberry 7210 lying in the drawer so got a sim adaptor and powered it up and voila... Voice and Text. I had to start up the BES again but it was still installed in a server at work. It's a bit of a talking point over lunch and I love the wheel, its very usable. I had to buy a new battery off Ebay but it's running as well as it did when I bought it in 2003...

Having said all that I'm sure the stuff Blackberry is selling today is just as unreliable as all the other companies.

Funny you should mention this.

I'm fed up buying crap from Apple and Samsung that only lasts 12 months.

My Galaxy just died 2 weeks out of the warranty period, and I had a Blackberry 7210 lying in the drawer so got a sim adaptor and powered it up and voila... Voice and Text. I had to start up the BES again but it was still installed in a server at work. It's a bit of a talking point over lunch and I love the wheel, its very usable. I had to buy a new battery off Ebay but it's running as well as it did when I bought it in 2003...

Having said all that I'm sure the stuff Blackberry is selling today is just as unreliable as all the other companies.

Your Apple products are only lasting 12 months? Sounds like you might be a bit rough on your phones. I had all my phones down to family and friends as I update every 2 years and sometimes sooner. All the phones going back to the iPhone 4S are still being used regularly. Never had an Apple device and I use them all, that has been short lived.

Your Apple products are only lasting 12 months? Sounds like you might be a bit rough on your phones. I had all my phones down to family and friends as I update every 2 years and sometimes sooner. All the phones going back to the iPhone 4S are still being used regularly. Never had an Apple device and I use them all, that has been short lived.

The 5s and 6 I had both had motherboard failures, according to the staff at the Genius Bar. $400 to fix so its just not worth while, and I'm not hard on my phones. My iPad2 is still going, but had to have my iPad Pro replaced twice under warranty. The Samsung Galaxy Power Button went.

The 7210 is built like a brick **** house, and its actually cool in a retro kind of way. + I forgot how good typing on a real tactile keyboard actually is...

This x1000
NEVER had a typo issue back in my BB days.
And I honestly mean never.

I used to type lengthy emails, while driving. Good times.

I don't do enough of that any more to justify the screen real estate expense in favour of a keyboard though. With voice dictation and swipe, on-screen keyboards are good enough.

I don't do enough of that any more to justify the screen real estate expense in favour of a keyboard though. With voice dictation and swipe, on-screen keyboards are good enough.
The new BB doesn't sacrifice screen iirc
282b2e73720639f2f2e7a71bde723043.jpg

Last edited:
Sure it does, its physically bigger than a Galaxy S8 (for example) but has a 4.5" screen to Samsung's 5.8"

That's a huge phone for such a small screen.

diffrnt stokes for dffrnt folks.

if I could, I'd carry 2 phones for sure.

but after doing the touch screen thing for a year now, and for a guy who does 90% of his phone use for calls, texts, emails (I still chuckle at ppl who watch movies and games on their tiny screens), it just makes more sense to go back to a keyboard phone. I truly do miss it!

KEYone seems to be a good effort, and it's got a huge azz 3500mh+ battery powering a smaller display and a lesser hp processor for killer battery life which is important for me as well.

texts are fine without a physical keyboard

I'll push out brief emails all the time too. But I used to answer with full-fledged multi-paragraph shindigs when I had a blackberry. There's something to be said for brevity though. If an email requires a lengthy response it can wait for me to get back to the computer.

It was a big adjustment to on-screen keyboards. I don't watch movies or play games, but I do consume media on the device. Youtube, news feeds, forums, instagram BS, so forth. Once you get used to bigger and bigger screens it too is hard to go back. I was disappointed the pixel XL was only 5.5" for the massive footprint. Galaxy S8 and LG G6 did it right.

4.5" is still decent, but thats a big phone.

All this BB talk has made me nostalgic! Pulled out the ol Bold and charging now. Will give it a whirl for a couple of days....so weird with a keypad.

Sold the Z30 and regretting it a bit...but I'm still interested in the DTEK.

How long can you keep telling a lie?

All this BB talk has made me nostalgic! Pulled out the ol Bold and charging now. Will give it a whirl for a couple of days....so weird with a keypad.

Sold the Z30 and regretting it a bit...but I'm still interested in the DTEK.

I still love my z30, want the DTEK but the z30 isn't broke.

I've had it for about 3 years now, and for the record the other 3 Blackberrys I've owned all still work too. Even the Pearl!

I still love my z30, want the DTEK but the z30 isn't broke.

I've had it for about 3 years now, and for the record the other 3 Blackberrys I've owned all still work too. Even the Pearl!

The new BBs are made in China aren't they? Nice to see BB still in the game, but to me a phone is a phone. Call, text or the occasional Tim's Wifi, I rarely use it for anything else. Getting picky about what brand it is seems childish to me.

They're a software focused company now. That's why the stock price is moving. Handsets aren't even in their top 10 list of important things.

Their phones are made in the same factories as Alcatel and other brands, just to their specs.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

The new BBs are made in China aren't they? Nice to see BB still in the game, but to me a phone is a phone. Call, text or the occasional Tim's Wifi, I rarely use it for anything else. Getting picky about what brand it is seems childish to me.

I will never own an ianything. I like BlackBerry and so does my work. I do have an aversion to Apple products but yeah, I'd be open to whatever else is available to us.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom