Is it ever enough? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it ever enough?

Bought my first bike in April(old 750 Maxim), and already riding a new one lol.

Still happy with my Ducati Scrambler as my one bike 'collection'.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

One bike is enough until you convince yourself to have two, then you can't go back to just one.

I'm at three trying to convince myself to go to two, haven't succeeded yet.

Wish I had an extra wheelbarrow full of money kicking around right now as this really wants to be in my garage as bike #3.

rune.jpg

I don't go more then a week without looking at kijiji for something cool. I like oddball stuff like the VTR I have now I have not seen another.

I like oddball stuff like the VTR I have now I have not seen another.

There is more VTRs around. I have two of them.

I’m always looking for something new. I find I test ride new bikes, then decide thecost isn’t worth it; I’m not going to be any faster on a new bike compared tomy old mechanically sound ugly bike.
Everyone needs three.
Dirtbike
Streetbike
Trackbike

Used to run 3. 750 SS, 750 Sport Tourer and 250 downtown commuter. Would have liked to add in a dual. Now down to just a sport bike.

I've pretty much decided that the shadow will remain a good cruising bike(until I can get a fatboy or dyna), but I know that I eventually want a big comfy harley for long journeys, and something quick for the occasional adrenaline fix.

but I know that I eventually want a big comfy harley for long journeys

There are lots of "big comfy" bikes that are not Harleys. I'm not really anti-HD, I'm just stating the facts. My VTX is basically a big comfy couch when I'm cruising, for example.

Oh I don't doubt the big hondas, just more into the curvy look rather than the sharp lined space age look that I have in my head when I think of honda touring bikes. Thinking more along the lines of fat curvy bike with batwing and low cut windscreen, plush leather button tuck 2 up seat that looks like it came from a very expensive lawyer's office, and some hard bags.

Oh I don't doubt the big hondas, just more into the curvy look rather than the sharp lined space age look that I have in my head when I think of honda touring bikes. Thinking more along the lines of fat curvy bike with batwing and low cut windscreen, plush leather button tuck 2 up seat that looks like it came from a very expensive lawyer's office, and some hard bags.

Plenty of low mileage, well cared for Road Kings out there that fit the bill. Even with the batwing. I'd prefer the regular windshield over the batwing personally. Lol

I've pretty much decided that the shadow will remain a good cruising bike(until I can get a fatboy or dyna), but I know that I eventually want a big comfy harley for long journeys, and something quick for the occasional adrenaline fix.

so you bought the yamaha 750 this year used and then bought a brand new shadow same
year?

Yeah, pretty much. I bought the old bike for lack of confidence, something cheap to see if riding was for me. Turns out it is for me, but I wonted something that starts immediately every time I push the button, something cooler, blacker, lower and louder ;)

Nope, never enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I'm still on my first bike which I bought 8 years ago.

I've lusted over many other bikes; went on test rides, demo days, shopped around, even tried to sell my current bike... but at the end of the day, no other bike on the market today (used OR new) suits my use, my style and my budget better than the one I already have.

It might be a personality thing, but mostly its a financial thing. Canada is great, but the cost we pay to enjoy this place is not being able to afford toys. I'm OK with that.

Yep, I'm still on my first bike which I bought 8 years ago.

I've lusted over many other bikes; went on test rides, demo days, shopped around, even tried to sell my current bike... but at the end of the day, no other bike on the market today (used OR new) suits my use, my style and my budget better than the one I already have.

It might be a personality thing, but mostly its a financial thing. Canada is great, but the cost we pay to enjoy this place is not being able to afford toys. I'm OK with that.

Contented people really annoy the sellers.

Hes not really content, he's just financially constrained at the moment, but the minute he can afford it, he'll probably go out and get another bike to get his fix ;)

Back
Top Bottom