Is it ever enough? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it ever enough?

bigpoppa

Is one bike ever enough?

Was thinking about what i wanted for the next bike...had some vague idea..

Then BAM find another bike that looks even better...

Reminds me of something a friend told me, once you get used to a certain bike, another one appears and becomes more appealing

Whats the point of buying another bike when they'll just release another one that is better, faster, sexier

Does it ever end? Does a bike with a lot of "character" and power ever get boring?

Do you ever just purchase your dream bike and be satisfied for years and years and years?

Nope it never is. I have 10 bikes, 8 quads. I'm not done either. It's why I go to work every morning.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I used to change bikes every 3 years or so. Just so many out there. But my 2nd last bike I've had for 13 years and still have it....and the latest is the same model, just newer.

never seems to end for me. Tho this time i think i will keep it for awhile (but i said that last bike too :) ) there was a few twinges of, hmmm maybe i should have
got the Fz09. But then i think that the fz09 being over 750cc is in next insurance tier so lots more money. Plus the Fz07 is pretty fast and fast enough really.

Last Sunday a local dealer had a demo day(Suzuki) one of the bikes i took out was the GW250. After riding that it made my Fz07 feel like a litre bike :)
i know it was a 250 but did not expect it to be THAT ******. It was redline in 6th and barely got to 120kph. Even the Honda CBR250r i had way back had more top speed.

I've stopped reading motorcycle reviews ... it reduces the lust a little

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it will be enough, you'll collect till you get tired of multiple insurance policies and fixer uppers, then you thin the herd.

Purchased a new Super Duke GT just 3 months ago, great bike but now lusting after the Aprilla Tuono Factory... it never ends.

With boats they call it two-foot-itis. Two-spoke-itis?

I would love to have a Jay Leno collection but have no desire to run a museum with my meager assets.

I like touring, 500 miles a day, day after day so my 19 year old 1500 Goldwing is my buddy until I can't handle the half ton any more.

If I had to lighten up on the bike weight I would be tempted by one of the retro bikes, Bonneville etc but it would be a placebo of sorts compared to the Wingabego.

I'm on bike #21 in a 39 year riding career. Switch 'em up every couple of years just because there's so many cool bikes out there!

My current Superglide is a keeper; it's such a great bike, but I'm looking for a d/s to keep at the cottage.
If I didn't live in a condo, I'd definitely have more than one bike in the city.

I like touring, 500 miles a day, day after day so my 19 year old 1500 Goldwing is my buddy until I can't handle the half ton any more.

80 km/h does get pretty tiring, especially if it's windy and there's a long way to go. After two bikes and a honking scooter, my increasing government-mandated poverty has made me philosophical. While new bikes are cool, riding is cooler. What keeps me doing that? Being a responsible citizen, whatever that happens to mean at the moment. Sadly, renewable-fair-trade-free-range-sustainable-diversity isn't easy for those of us who suffer from being authentically white. Also, those giant rubber ducks and the pride the help us feel aren't exactly free.

Last edited:
Never enough. I've had 7 street bikes since 2009 and currently have 2 plus 2 dirt bikes. My problem is I just like different kinds of bikes so regardless what I have there is always something else I'm looking at.

To give you an idea right now I have a KTM 450 EXC as a supermoto and Harley Road King, two bikes that couldn't be more different. Adding a KTM adventure bike and a 600cc track would make me really happy.

Previously I had 2 600 ss bikes, 2 other supermotos and an Aprilia Tuono. Ugh I like everything. The Harley is a bit of a test right now. Never had a cruiser but have wanted a Harley bagger for a while so going to try out this 03 Road King this season and if I'm into it I'll probably go all the way and sell this for a newer Road Glide next year.

Never enough bikes and also never enough money or garage space lol. Constant battle.

Last edited:
I are trying to stay at 6, one comes, one must go.
I just sold one last weekend, a new one might be coming this weekend....will see.

Last edited:
I liked my ZX-11 more than my 2011 Ninja 1000 and plan on going back someday soon. I plan on holding on to it for a while, or until it gets written off again. I'd like to do the multi-bike thing, but am put off by how stupid insurance would be

Purchased a new Super Duke GT just 3 months ago, great bike but now lusting after the Aprilla Tuono Factory... it never ends.

How do you find it? I find the SDGT interesting, only thing I theoretically don't like about it is how the suspension and TC settings are linked together

It took a while, but I found my long time bike at #5. I haven't found anything else I want to ride.

I tend to stay in the classics ....models with long model runs ( KLR650 , Vstrom 650 and Honda inline 4s CBF1000 currently ).

I even convinced the kid his 2013 FZ8 is a long term keeper. :D

Mature models have the kinks worked out...lots of farkles and a choice in used bikes.

The only new bike I might consider is a BMW310 for Australia to get the weight down which the newer machines do well.

I have 4 in my garage... just bought another today.

it's never enough... however, for me, they all need to have different purposes or else the choice would destroy me.

I tend to stay in the classics ....models with long model runs ( KLR650 , Vstrom 650 and Honda inline 4s CBF1000 currently ).

I even convinced the kid his 2013 FZ8 is a long term keeper. :D

Mature models have the kinks worked out...lots of farkles and a choice in used bikes.

The only new bike I might consider is a BMW310 for Australia to get the weight down which the newer machines do well.

Yeah, if the africa twin is long standing, it will probably fill the roll of all those bikes ;)

I had my Virago for 12 years. I loved it for quite a while then kept it as money didn't allow for me to change bikes so I kept it knowing that it was an excellent bike in excellent shape. I've had my current bike, a 2001 Suzuki Bandit 600 since 2010. I'd like to change to an FJR, Concours or maybe ST either this year or maybe next year. It won't be new though. It'll probably be a mid 2000's. If I could afford a new FJR or Concours I'd probably ride it for at least 10yrs before I started wanting something new.

I've had my ST since 2003 and this is my 15th season with it. I've looked at a few bikes (FJR, BMW RT & K1600, Goldwing) but given my time to ride and that the 2002 ST is just nicely broken in at 100,000 km I'm still content to keep it a few more years. It would be nice if Honda released a new ST, but that is unlikely to happen.

Back
Top Bottom