Who does Cnc one off small jobs? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who does Cnc one off small jobs?

How many pcs are you looking for ?

If its one piece - it can be made on a milling machine.
CnC's are good if you have multiple pcs to be made.

Do you have a drawing for this part?

Pulleys are normally turned on a lathe, sometimes also milled but usually its a turned part

I have a guy in Mississauga that does one off CNC or manual lathe work, depends on how complex the machining process is he will either do it manually or on the CNC

PM me if you would like his contact info

Well yeah I guess it doesint need to be cnc, and yeah just one part. Bassicaly I'd like to just take my pulley to them and have them replicate it with the smallest tooth count that will fit around the blower "shaft"

Attempting to upload a pic but nothing works on this site

Well yeah I guess it doesint need to be cnc, and yeah just one part. Bassicaly I'd like to just take my pulley to them and have them replicate it with the smallest tooth count that will fit around the blower "shaft"

Good chance it needs both, round parts turned, and teeth and other parts milled

For example he has turned blanks for me in the past, that I then machined on my CNC to make a brake rotor adapter
Like so he made this blank for me on a lathe doing all the turning operations
IMG_0922.jpg

Then I finished it off with the milling operations on my CNC
IMG_0942-1.jpg

Last edited:

so this pulley has tooth on them ?
replicating tooth profile is not easy

Good chance it needs both, round parts turned, and teeth and other parts milled

For example he has turned blanks for me in the past, that I then machined on my CNC to make a brake rotor adapter
Like so he made this blank for me on a lathe doing all the turning operations

Then I finished it off with the milling operations on my CNC

that's nice stuff!

There's gonna be quite a few opperations in it. I have a lathe and mill and I would make it myself but yeah it's s toothed pulley and way beyond my ability

If it is the blower drive pulley, you want it done on a 4 axis machine... or, if done manually, by someone that REALLY knows what they are doing. If everything is not on the EXACT same center it can/will get real bad, real fast.

You can't buy one? Where are you?

With the smaller pulley you are reducing the boost, correct?

Would the pulley have to be made from scratch or could a large one be turned down and teeth re-cut, saving some machining time?

a drawing would help, what material and tooth profile is it

look up Rob Star on the forum..........and dont be fooled by the tight jeans, hes a good machinist

Alluminum and I think "8mm , timing pulley"

because of its design I can't just buy a footlong section of blank pulley, or I'd have to make it in 2 pieces.

Alluminum and I think "8mm , timing pulley"

because of its design I can't just buy a footlong section of blank pulley, or I'd have to make it in 2 pieces.

Do you have a drawing? What you are asking far is so vague - there are seveal complicates. A drawing would make helping you out that much simpler.

For aluminium timing pulleys....there are multiple tooth pitches in metric there are several pitches, T2.5, T5, T20, AT, HTD, ST, GT..ec etc...is it going to be driven by a timing belt ?

Whats so special about the design, pully stock is solid and can be machined in multple ways, do you need hubs, flanges ? keyways? sct screws ?

Sounds expensive!

You can probably do it on a manual mill but you need specific clamps & vises that can do angles.

Solid works demo is free...download and draw...turn to cad drawing...then ask around for price...or else it'll get expensive real fast..

hey, this guy is in ottawa, does wicked good work troy 613-291-4578

You would need to find a machine shop that has a Wire EDM this would cut your spline to match up to the blower shaft. Lots of small tool and die shops in Toronto that would welcome a cash money job it would be around $500.

Id do it for 500 lol

I used to try and sell my skills to GTAM, but people dont seem to get that even at 60 an hour on a 6-10 hour job is a steal compared to our normal shop rate of 120+

Im not working weekends on peoples parts for free, I barely give a F*ck away.

Back
Top Bottom