Purchased a bike w/o looking at it in showroom? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Purchased a bike w/o looking at it in showroom?

kmawani

I am looking into a 2016/2017 (new) Suzuki C90T. The problem is, none of the dealers within the GTA have any in their showrooms for me to see/feel. I have seen enough pictures on the internet, looked at some reviews, I know the specs of the bike......etc. However, I am hesitating asking a nearby dealer to go ahead and order one for me, without me first looking at the bike. I currently have a Kawi Vulcan 900. Both the Vulcan and C90T are similar bikes, with the C90 being a larger cc engine (900 vs 1422). So I kinda know what I am getting.

Has anyone purchased a bike knowing what you were getting but without actually seeing it and sitting on it? If so, what has your experience been like?

thanks.

I am looking into a 2016/2017 (new) Suzuki C90T. The problem is, none of the dealers within the GTA have any in their showrooms for me to see/feel. I have seen enough pictures on the internet, looked at some reviews, I know the specs of the bike......etc. However, I am hesitating asking a nearby dealer to go ahead and order one for me, without me first looking at the bike. I currently have a Kawi Vulcan 900. Both the Vulcan and C90T are similar bikes, with the C90 being a larger cc engine (900 vs 1422). So I kinda know what I am getting.

Has anyone purchased a bike knowing what you were getting but without actually seeing it and sitting on it? If so, what has your experience been like?

thanks.

I have purchased new bikes without test riding, but never without sitting on it. I would suggest broadening your search outside the GTA and see if any dealers have one you can at least look at it person and have a seat on.

I agreed to purchase a bike that I hadn't yet seen on the condition that the ergos suited me. I needed a few minutes sitting on the bike eventually to see that they did. You at least need to see if it will "fit" you.

yes, bought my current bike (FJ09) over the internet without seeing one,
as I was working overseas....not a single regret

yes, bought my current bike (FJ09) over the internet without seeing one,
as I was working overseas....not a single regret

haha! YES!

Any bike with that engine is pretty much a good bike

Generally after watching/reading enough reviews one has atleast a decent idea, however ultimately nothing beats sitting/test riding

So called a dealer in Newmarket today and they had one in the showroom. Visited the dealer, sat on it (not the dealer, the bike), got the 'feel' of it and liked it; just as I had imagined.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom