Cost of engine swap? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cost of engine swap?

ironryder

Exactly as title, anyone know the labour cost to swap an engine out on a honda vtx? Gotta replace the engine....most likely I'll end up doing it myself, but just like to know the cost.

Might be fairly reasonable, if you get in touch with @Frekeguy on this forum. Fantastic work and very reasonable rates.
Dealer? Not so much.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Gotta be 3/4 thousand imo.

Even at a $100/Hr shop rate, yeah...that's not a 30-40 hour job. It's about a 3-5 hour job for removal (and the same for reinstallation) depending on how well endowed you are with tools and how well you follow the widely available directions online.

OP, out of curiosity, what happened? These are generally known as nearly bulletproof engines.

Rough guess - 8/10 hours IF everything goes smoothly. All it takes is one broken exhaust stud or some such to slow things down.

Is there something we vtx riders should know about the engines or is this a 1 off? BTW...sorry to hear...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

single work day, if parts are on hand, and no broken fastener to deal with
maybe another half day if there are some struggles...can't see how it would be
more than a grand plus tax and consumables

Is there something we vtx riders should know about the engines or is this a 1 off? BTW...sorry to hear...

Only occasional issue I've ever heard of was head gaskets, although it seems primarily limited to the 1800's, not the 1300's.

To the contrary the 1300's seem to be like Timex watches.

Might be fairly reasonable, if you get in touch with @Frekeguy on this forum. Fantastic work and very reasonable rates.
Dealer? Not so much.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

X2 - Pm Frekeguy

Never really heard anything good about dealer shops

It was poorly maintained and too much high revs ....i think is because it didn't have enough oil...not know for sure since i didn't check lol...but ya, this engine in bullet proof as far as i know...just make sure there is enough oil lol

Back
Top Bottom