Votes: 18 28.6%
  • $150-$200K

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • $200K +

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
My fiancé gets more than me. Not for long though

Exactly this...
Just like people with boats, not many out fishing or wakeboarding on minimum wage either.

funny you mention boats, I keep a boat at a small yacht club, its staggering the number of folks that arent "minimum wage" but close enough that they dont understand , sure you bought that 30yr old boat for 5k, and now the care and feeding is going to be about 8-10k EVERY yr. .... 2 yrs in, boat for sale and member gone.

Just like new guy Fred Ducati, can afford the bike finance and new leathers, oh wait I piled it into the rhubbarb swerving to miss a unicorn carrying a pine cone on its spike........ insurance is going to pick your bones clean so bike sold, ad usually reads getting out of riding 'no time' , bike is minty...

my wife makes more than I do...

I'm in this situation as well.

Funny (or sad?) thing is...she's white collar/government and is several tax brackets above me (and without blabbing my position on the poll, I'm doing quite good myself, kthanks, but no, I'm not one of those $200K guys), but after everything comes out in the wash our paycheques are often within $100 of each others at the end of every other week.

funny you mention boats, I keep a boat at a small yacht club, its staggering the number of folks that arent "minimum wage" but close enough that they dont understand , sure you bought that 30yr old boat for 5k, and now the care and feeding is going to be about 8-10k EVERY yr. .... 2 yrs in, boat for sale and member gone.

Just like new guy Fred Ducati, can afford the bike finance and new leathers, oh wait I piled it into the rhubbarb swerving to miss a unicorn carrying a pine cone on its spike........ insurance is going to pick your bones clean so bike sold, ad usually reads getting out of riding 'no time' , bike is minty...

I had a small older cruiser at a marina and budgeted $5K a year for mooring, gas and repairs a decade back. I had trouble selling the boat which was in very good condition because people that could afford the marina lifestyle didn't want an older boat and it wasn't trailerable due to beam and weight.

A friend has a less pristine boat and may have to pay to get rid of his for the same reasons. A twenty eight foot hole in the water.

Last edited:
FWIW

Canadian Average Hourly Earnings 2016
s
https://www.livingin-canada.com/work-salaries-wages-canada.html

Some numbers don't seem right.

Averages can be drastically effected by some on the wild end of the bell curve...so all those executives making $5000/hr are going to drag that average hourly wage north. But I don't think it's wildly inaccurate, either.

I think the bigger picture also needs to be kept in mind. You hear a lot of crying and such from the low wage earning segment of society but one only need to look at the bigger picture of Canadian society as a whole to see that most people are living quite comfortably, even lavishly by global standards.

Averages can be drastically effected by some on the wild end of the bell curve...so all those executives making $5000/hr are going to drag that average hourly wage north. But I don't think it's wildly inaccurate, either.

I think the bigger picture also needs to be kept in mind. You hear a lot of crying and such from the low wage earning segment of society but one only need to look at the bigger picture of Canadian society as a whole to see that most people are living quite comfortably, even lavishly by global standards.

Median numbers give a better picture. 50% make more than you and 50% make less. Let's you know where you are in the herd.

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/famil105a-eng.htm

Last edited:
Missing a poll option "Varies".

That's what I make.

Being paid by commission does that.

Back
Top Bottom