am i paying too much? zx6r | GTAMotorcycle.com

am i paying too much? zx6r

Zwykii

i was wondering if im paying too much for my insurance, its 8k a year, had my full g license for 5 years or so, clean record, am on m1 but i also finished safety course, the bike is 2010 Kawasaki zx6r

$8,000.00 a year???? Holy crap you guys are screwed...

thats what i was thinking too for a clean record, my insurance is a car payment for a pretty decent car lol..., only thing i can think of is that they dont care about having a full g license and they look at the fact that i just got my m1 even though i did the course

That's correct. Your G license and previous auto insurance doesn't help you out. You're being rated as a new rider without any past m/c insurance history.

That's correct. Your G license and previous auto insurance doesn't help you out. You're being rated as a new rider without any past m/c insurance history.
im gonna call companies tomorrow to see if i can get something cheaper from someone other then my broker incase hes shafting me, does 8k seem right for a zx6r also located in waterloo, when i was looking at a 2012 r6 he quoted me 5k for that but he said zx6r is in a different category and thats why its alot more

A 2010 zx6r should be similar to a 2012 r6. When the Zx6r went back to a 636cc engine then yes it would get bumped up to the next category. I think that was 2012 or 2013 when Kawi changed the engine size.

No idea if $8000 is right or not but being a new rider on an SS I would be shocked if you found anything under $5000-6000 but that's just guessing.

You said your on an M1

Even with an M2...your not going to like the numbers

Thank your stars if you get it to around 3000$

8k is just crazy. Experience aside this is just an example of insurance companies getting away with anything they want. Man you got to be able to find a better deal somewhere. I wish you luck. Just bonkers

That's way too much, I would say get cruiser for couple years then buy SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to check the date on this thread, everyone seems much more optimistic than the other SS/M1 threads lol.

I just returned to riding after having let my M2 lapse and have to restart the graduated process again. Insurance was a challenge for me even with prior insurance and licensing history, let alone brand new rider.

Most companies either won't insurance an M1/M2 on a Supersport, or your rate will be as you found it. I'm also guessing you're pretty young based on G license history?

The only reasonable quotes I got on a SS were from companies that were willing to recognize/give me credit for my previous riding and license time, everyone else was out to lunch $6K+ or wouldn't quote.

As others have said, you should be able to get decent quotes on more upright bikes, but still sporty, like the GSX-S or Z650, little more along the lines of the ZX6R than a 250/300 will be. Also, if you can, wait until your 60 days hits and you can upgrade to your M2 before getting insurance, your rates should drop drastically on everything.

Hopefully you haven't bought the ZX6R as of yet.

37 years old, going on 38, full GM, no driving records aka no speeding tickets, accidents, etc.

I'm Riding a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (599 CC Super Sport) $95/month FULL coverage with TD Meloche Monnex, $1000 deductible, I think there might be some tiny discount as my cars and home are also insured by them.

When I bought it brand new 10 years ago I only had my M2 and I was paying $75/month through Allstate.

Good luck with insurance, IMO any quote that high is basically the broker telling you they don't want to insure you.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you found someone willing to insure you at all: M1 + ZX6R.

Know someone who is quoting for a 300cc ninja, brand new rider.

and he's under 25.

Insurance companies (statefarm) that are willing to insure him is quoting him $7,000 with an m1 OR m2

So to hear $8,000 for a zx6r for someone with an m1... seems lika steal compared to $7,000 for a 300cc - with m1 license =D

Know someone who is quoting for a 300cc ninja, brand new rider.

and he's under 25.

Insurance companies (statefarm) that are willing to insure him is quoting him $7,000 with an m1 OR m2

So to hear $8,000 for a zx6r for someone with an m1... seems lika steal compared to $7,000 for a 300cc - with m1 license =D

Refreakindonkulous

I'm surprised you found someone willing to insure you at all: M1 + ZX6R.

That's what I was thinking. M1+SS would be the kiss of death for most insurance companies.

I'm at $826/year for an '09 Wee, with thirteen years experience.

It only makes 63 hp, but that's plenty for what and where I ride.

Going to try and get insurance down further next year.

Back
Top Bottom