anyone here work in NDT? | GTAMotorcycle.com

anyone here work in NDT?

eljay

I'm exploring career change options because I'd like to be able to have work that's a little less location dependent. Right now, downtown Toronto is the only possible place in this entire country for me (and my wife) to make a living due to poor career choices. So we commute almost 3 hours a day. I'd be ok giving up some salary for something that could get me a job closer to home or somewhere else in the country with a lower cost of living. I've been considering entering a trade like plumbing but it's a long path before I get back to having a decent salary again. I'm around 6 figures now but I could take a hit for a better/lower cost lifestyle. We have no debt, lots of savings etc to ride it out a little bit anyway but not the 4 years or more it might take for me to get up and running.

I saw Durham college has a fast track program in NDT that I could easily enter. http://www.durhamcollege.ca/program...-destructive-evaluation-compressed-fast-track. Any of you guys do this stuff? Any advice, like is this program worthwhile, what are starting salaries, long term salaries, employment prospects, working conditions, etc? I did a couple years of mechanical engineering out of high school so I'm not walking in empty headed and I have a math degree to prove I'm smart lol.

Back
Top Bottom