Airbag vests and jackets. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Airbag vests and jackets.

Thx to Jc100. Got the harness. Was riding in my jacket with the harness and not much problem with the heat. Mine's Hi-viz and hopefully people can see me from a mile away. And hopefully will never need to test it.

"jc100" Hope you do not mind me reviving an old thread.

I am interested in your opinion since you got yours and anybody else that also got one. Any pro`s and cons. Also considering the heat factor wearing it.

Thanks.
Chris.

deployed mine 3 times at the track last year....2 low sides 1 high side.

pro are cheap cartridge replacement cost and the protection it offers

cons are tether system isnt the greatest because it wont deploy when sliding with the bike, and my biggest issue with it is there is only a nylon cover protecting the inner tube and once you are sliding its REALLY easy to damage it, happened to mine on low side # 2, air bag went off and got deflated right away.

this year i upgraded to the Alpinestar Tech Air suit

deployed mine 3 times at the track last year....2 low sides 1 high side.

pro are cheap cartridge replacement cost and the protection it offers

cons are tether system isnt the greatest because it wont deploy when sliding with the bike, and my biggest issue with it is there is only a nylon cover protecting the inner tube and once you are sliding its REALLY easy to damage it, happened to mine on low side # 2, air bag went off and got deflated right away.

this year i upgraded to the Alpinestar Tech Air suit

Thanks for the fast response. Good points.

"jc100" Hope you do not mind me reviving an old thread.

I am interested in your opinion since you got yours and anybody else that also got one. Any pro`s and cons. Also considering the heat factor wearing it.

Thanks.
Chris.

Hi there. Only "con" I have is remembering to attach and detach the tether. I put a sticker on my windshield to remind me. The weight disappears once the vest is on and the warmth factor isn't an issue as it seems to flow air pretty well too. The Hi Viz is really good and the added bonus is I can actually see some cars putting their brake lights on ahead and behaving as they think I'm a cop (my bike is a big white one). The vest gives me some peace of mind even though I know it doesn't make me invincible. My wife appreciates it too as she worries about me when I ride.

Hi there. Only "con" I have is remembering to attach and detach the tether. I put a sticker on my windshield to remind me. The weight disappears once the vest is on and the warmth factor isn't an issue as it seems to flow air pretty well too. The Hi Viz is really good and the added bonus is I can actually see some cars putting their brake lights on ahead and behaving as they think I'm a cop (my bike is a big white one). The vest gives me some peace of mind even though I know it doesn't make me invincible. My wife appreciates it too as she worries about me when I ride.

Thanks "jc100" Good idea on the sticker. Also nice to have a wife that cares. Appreciate your comments. I am AGATT bloke and was also wondering if you have had any negative comments. Have you noticed many other riders with them? I don`t care how hot it is I have all the gear and am going to add the air jacket to my common sense list.
Thank you very much.

Hi there. Only "con" I have is remembering to attach and detach the tether. I put a sticker on my windshield to remind me.

Can you run the tether to your key? That solves leaving the key in and forgetting to untether. I'm not sure how hard a pull is required to activate the system though, if it takes much force, ignore my idea, I wouldn't want the key to break off and the vest to remain undeployed.

Thanks "jc100" Good idea on the sticker. Also nice to have a wife that cares. Appreciate your comments. I am AGATT bloke and was also wondering if you have had any negative comments. Have you noticed many other riders with them? I don`t care how hot it is I have all the gear and am going to add the air jacket to my common sense list.
Thank you very much.

I get stopped all the time when I’m off the bike wearing the vest. People seem to know what they are but they never saw one up close. I let people try it on so they can get sizing info. I’ve not seen any others on the street but some are kind of muted and blend in with gear. Seriously no cons....ok, maybe one other con...stopping to take gear off and put it on again makes me think of a knight getting ready for a jousting competition. Off the bike the vest is heavy....once on it’s fine.

Can you run the tether to your key? That solves leaving the key in and forgetting to untether. I'm not sure how hard a pull is required to activate the system though, if it takes much force, ignore my idea, I wouldn't want the key to break off and the vest to remain undeployed.

I’d have to leave my key on the bike for that the way the tether is set up. Also the arrangement of the bike to tether connection is pretty crucial for the vest to work. When you first get it there’s a little bit of measuring and cutting to get the right tension in the tether strap.

Thank you again,"jc100"
I have a "C" frame for my panniers, looks like I can attach it there.

Thank you again,"jc100"
I have a "C" frame for my panniers, looks like I can attach it there.

The one I have it’s best to attach the tether to the frame underneath the front of the seat.

As for dealers, check in with Fawaz at Racer 5. He did a great deal for me and a few others on a group buy. Get a few people together and he might do the same.

Back
Top Bottom