Help the scrub who can wheelie but cant Rev Match Downshift | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help the scrub who can wheelie but cant Rev Match Downshift

When practicing on a stationary motorcycle, engine off, you should hear an audible 'click' (or 'thwack') sound when you snap the throttle back to the closed position. If you can't hear the click, then you haven't fully closed the throttle.

cant replicate "thwack" sound no matter how hard I try, can you please expand on it?? is it like the "yut ughhh" thing? cuz I wasn't able to get that one either

cant replicate "thwack" sound no matter how hard I try, can you please expand on it?? is it like the "yut ughhh" thing? cuz I wasn't able to get that one either
Can you replicate any sound? 'Click' was the word Lee Parks told me when he made me practice over and over on a static bike until I got it consistently. ('Thwack' was what I heard).

If it's too hard for you, then you've probably developed a bad habit of not closing the throttle properly over the many years of doing it wrong. Don't feel bad, many "experienced veterans" like yourself had a tough time.

ahh the great Lee Parks.....not sure who that is, will have to google him , eitherway I'm getting more of a clack than a thwack, am I doing this right? would you offer a course for us "experienced veterans"? looks like there are a lot of us who could use your help

Last edited:
Update: googled Lee Parks, first few results were linked in accounts, then google Lee Parks Motorcycle ....I think I found your Lee Parks, at least I hope it was the motorcycle instructor and not the financial analyst that you learned how to rev match from, while we are on the subject of name dropping I once met the guy from Scrubs at a restaurant in NYC, he didnt teach me anything, but I thought it was cool as i've never met a C-List celebrity in real life before.

anyways, i'm trying to get the click or thwack but cannot do it for the life of me, getting a steady "clack" and a few "clanks" do you think something is wrong with my bike?

btw, are you a real Doctor, like my paediatrician Dr. Shappiro, or a "fake" one like Dr. DRE? a bit off topic I know, but I was curious

Back
Top Bottom