Need a new ride | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a new ride

6a7f4d1870b1144ee9baf4b7100aa932.jpg

Just picked it up. Omg am I hurting. Totally different ride. Please tell me it get easier.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
It does get easier. You have to relearn your riding position. Scoot forward on the seat, grip the tank more with your knees. Relax your arms, don't lean on the bars.
If all else fails, replace the upper triple clamp with one from a naked sv and mount higher bars.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I can do that mount higher bars. Ok. Never thought of that. I can feel it in my upper back and neck.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

As much as I loved this bike. The riding position is not safe for me.

For what it's worth, I sold my sv after only 2 months. I loved the engine and the agility but the riding position wasn't for me.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

The strom is not for you either - 33" seat height- don't bother ...my inseam is 30" and I needed it lowered and wear lifted boots,
You are welcome to drop by and see if mine fits.

Find a Scarver - you can get that machine down to 29" - and it's lighter than a Strom

16417.jpg

BMW F650 CS - terrific bike and will fit you.

Here you go

http://www.kijiji.ca/b-motorcycles/ontario/bmw-f650cs/k0c30l9004

Not a lot to go wrong with a 650 single ...bike was way ahead of it's time.

Female motorcycle instructor I know was also 5' 3" and rode one for years.

Last edited:
Just make sure your caa is paid up.BMW makes great bikes,but they are not the most reliable.

another example of why its important to test ride your bike before you buy

I don't think a new rider can tell on a test ride......and no one in their right mind gives a new, short rider a go on a bike without cash upfront.

I refused a guy even on my CBF1000 with is small and light and insane torque because he was too short and a Harley refugee....the CBF would easily get away from him if he cracked the throttle.

The strom is not for you either - 33" seat height- don't bother ...my inseam is 30" and I needed it lowered and wear lifted boots,
You are welcome to drop by and see if mine fits.

Find a Scarver - you can get that machine down to 29" - and it's lighter than a Strom

16417.jpg

BMW F650 CS - terrific bike and will fit you.

Here you go

http://www.kijiji.ca/b-motorcycles/ontario/bmw-f650cs/k0c30l9004

Not a lot to go wrong with a 650 single ...bike was way ahead of it's time.

Female motorcycle instructor I know was also 5' 3" and rode one for years.

Scarver?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I wouldn't advertise with the pictures showing the neon lighting. That would be an instant turn off for me and I wouldn't inquire about the bike. Not a fan of dealing with other peoples aftermarket electrical installs.

What is the year? Great looking bike. Easy to sell. 20k for mileage? Should be able to sell it for what you bought it for.

Gtam are going to throw out numbers that are low. Myself included. Lol.

Still plenty of riding left this year. You might be able to sell or trade for something more your style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what the bike shown was named by BMW. BMW F650 CS
You have to be careful as there a number of BMW 650s ....only the Scarver was that low with the alternative seat. That's incredibly low seating for an adventure style bike.

I did. It do the install. It was all done by the previous owner and the dealership. I installed nothing.

What do I list it at

Why not start somewhere close to what you paid?

Consider having the bike safety certified and don't forget the UVIP.

via Tapatalk

You bought it 2 weeks ago and you are saying "I want my money out of it." You don't really need help pricing it from anyone on here. You know what it was listed for and what you paid for it so price it accordingly so you can break even.

Back
Top Bottom