Need a new ride | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a new ride

adrisen

Hi everyone I need help and or guidance. Last week my bike in amazing condition although not a large bike was maliciously vandalized in my parking garage by a tenant in my building. The damage was so extent that the bike is being written off. So now I wasn't to replace it. My bike was my first and got a great deal when I bought it. It was a brand new 2013 Suzuki GW250 and bought it in 2015. I am ready to go larger.

So now I need suggestions. I was thinking of waiting till the winter and getting a great deal at a show, but would defiantly consider an older in amazing condition. Since I purchased my first bike new I am at a loss as where to begin and what to offer, really not sure what to look at.

I do Like the Suzuki SV650 and I located a 2004 SV650s states 1 Km on it at a dealership.

What bikes would you suggest I look at. (Weight of the bike is an issue as I have knee issues)

And what would you suggest I offer for the 2004, is that too old to look at and wait for a show.

Guide me in my new bike search please.

2004 is definitely not too old. What matters is how well the bike was maintained. I bought a 2002 sv650s with `25k km a few years ago and it's been great. You would be getting fuel injection with an '04.

Good luck with your search.

An 04 with 1km? Hope they did an extremely thorough job going over it. Sitting for 13 years can be worse than having high mileage.

When it was posted they did it know the km on it. It has less then 19,000. In beautiful shape. i pick it up I hope this weekend if my insurance cheque arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Congrats, did you take pics at the dealer?

Congrats on the new bike! But I'm more curious as to what your ********* neighbor did to your bike and more importantly why????

And was he charged or held accountable in some way, are you sure the same will not happen with your new ride....

x2. If it's parked in an unsupervised area (underground parking?) and there's some risk of it happening again (IE, he wasn't caught and charged to deter such) I'd be looking at covertly installing something like a game camera that will snap photos of him/her if they come near the bike again.

I have actually seen the video of the people entering the underground garage and identified the person. Well I was 90% sure and my neighbour confirmed as she said "What thats $%#@.

The guy was an older superintent of my building and three others. He knew exactly where the bike was and when it was in the garage. He and his accomplice entered the garage with a key, not an electronic fob as there was no record of a fob on any key pad during that time and the side door is always locked. his accomplice entered the garage first, quick look but saw the bike first as he was staring right at it. He made a wide arch walking to it. A few seconds later the other guy enters wearing a hoodie but could still make out who it was. he was attempting to hide in the door, looked around. He then walked down a wall around a car that was beside him to my paring spot as I have the 3 and 4th spot, sadly which is out of camera range. IF he walked in front of the camera it would have caught his face clearly. The two hung there, then were both seen walking north in the garage but then the cameras loose him as one does not work. We don't see either leave the garage as they don't appear to cross the North camera which id the back of the garage before and exit door (can't enter from that door) they had to hang around for awhile before they left. Its possible they left in a car that was left there or walked out but the video does not go that far in recording.

Now the man in question still had his key or got his female friend to give hers to him. He knew where the camera were and which way they faced and which did not work. HE had an old Yamaha bike, that he showed me last year in the above ground garage that did not run, it needed a battery new wires etc. basically everything that was taken from mine. Aside from the tank damage, that was extra. I spoke to a service advisor who advised me its possible that they could have installed the wiring in his as a patch to get the older bike running. Today I heard he was seen in the back of the building with a running bike, but it kept stalling and sputtering.

This was a target. took what he needed, and knew where to get it. The current super is going to go through the video longer to see how they left. there only two ways out. he had to leave out one of the entrances. They can be seen on camera from 352 - 375 AM. That means they hung around. Theres not much action in the garage till 6-630 AM.

I will be delivering the video to the police.

wtf dude...can you go on his facebook and post his picture for us? Name?

Thats just....why? You can get some wiring and a battery for cheap...not worth it, not like your gonna steal the bike, sell it or chop it up..to save a couple bucks?

531da1765702fdf36cc42c40e7ea0d35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

OP- Really sorry for the ***** that happened to you...but reading your write up, it does not look like you have concrete evidence that your ex-supe was the guy who did this. You had mentioned that the security cam did not catch his face, and that is a bummer. (the fact that he has now a working motorcycle and the perp on the security cam seemed to know all the camera blind spots are circumstantial.)

I really hope the cops take this seriously and investigate. Nailing the guy who did this won't bring your old motorcycle back to it's glory, but it least it would be justice and you can rest easy that your new motorcycle would be safe(r).

OP- Really sorry for the ***** that happened to you...but reading your write up, it does not look like you have concrete evidence that your ex-supe was the guy who did this. You had mentioned that the security cam did not catch his face, and that is a bummer. (the fact that he has now a working motorcycle and the perp on the security cam seemed to know all the camera blind spots are circumstantial.)

I really hope the cops take this seriously and investigate. Nailing the guy who did this won't bring your old motorcycle back to it's glory, but it least it would be justice and you can rest easy that your new motorcycle would be safe(r).

He had had been identified by a neighbour. But I look forward to getting the new one

Back
Top Bottom