Crash Ducati track day | GTAMotorcycle.com

Crash Ducati track day

Xrayhonda

Heard there was a big crash at the Ducati track day at Mosport on May 27, 2017, does anyone know how the rider is doing and what happened?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Don't how the rider is or what went wrong. What I do know is that it took over a minute for the yellow group riders to stop so the ambulance could roll...sunday was much better I believe only one BMW got smashed all day.

I was pitted with my friend who had the BMW. High sided turn 10 in the wet on rains. Bike only needed a footpeg, clean the hay off and some tape for the fairings. Mostly cosmetic stuff, he was alright and rode the next day.

I was maybe 10 seconds after the guy who crashed bad, it was pit exit. No idea what happened, he was lights out on the ground. Someone said his motor blew and just went for the wall some how. The Marshall at turn 1 was going nuts with a yellow and red flag. Don't know how people didn't see it. I stopped right away at the marshall stand and the guy behind me almost ran into me. Said he didn't see the flags and if my arm wasn't up he would have rear ended me...

Last edited:
I got the red flag on the back straight,at the station you get a checkered flag. I stopped there.

My friend was coming through turn 1 and stopped at 2. He said rider was face down still inside the blend line but bike was across the track (east side).

Last edited:
Hope the rider is okay and this was not the guy from Indiana with a fully custom built Ducati with R6 Bodywork on it.

I can report that the rider in question was me. I had a big concussion (no memory from Saturday until Tuesday), broken collarbone in 2 spots and not much other damage. Helmet and leathers essentially did their jobs!

My bike (916 Ducati) has 'quick disconnects' on the oil lines running to the oil cooler from the factory. It looks like one of them was not connected properly. As I was entering the track, it disconnected causing oil spray under the bike and onto the rear wheel. Net result was the dreaded highside.

I'm thankful for all of the track workers and people that tended to me in my time of need!

Stay safe!
Chris

Back
Top Bottom