Where can I get this kind of stitch in gta? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where can I get this kind of stitch in gta?

joey12jet

Hi, im planning to diy a strap for my rear wheel. I need to get proper stitching like this.

56bd01685b913031101c88b16018b7cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I would say talk to your local shoe repair guy

Sling-Choker in hamilton does that, you may find an upholstery shop that could do it. Triton sails on Lakeshore at port credit can do it.

Hi, im planning to diy a strap for my rear wheel. I need to get proper stitching like this.

56bd01685b913031101c88b16018b7cb.jpg

Anyone with a sewing machine can do that stitch, including all home machines. There's nothing special about the stitch. You'll need to use upholstery thread, because cotton will rot and weaken. If you wish to save some money then learn to sew.

Before you cut your webbing, and do all cuts with a soldering iron and not scissors or a knife, do a mockup for the lengths. This is so you don't make measuring mistakes, have to rip out stitches, recut and redo the sewing.

Face may come by later...

If I ever need any heavy duty stitching done I go to a local mennonite harness maker... they charge about 1/3 what any other shop would, and do great work. It's not the prettiest by any stretch, but very utilitarian and strong. For that matter, any horse harness maker should be able to do this for you easily.

Very interested in seeing your finished product...

Last edited:
If I ever need any heavy duty stitching done I go to a local mennonite harness maker... they charge about 1/3 what any other shop would, and do great work. It's not the prettiest by any stretch, but very utilitarian and strong. For that matter, any horse harness maker should be able to do this for you easily...

Horsie leather stitching is usually hand done and uses a saddle stitch, very different, much stronger and long lasting than a machine stitch. With a machine stitch if a stitch has been cut the whole line can unravel. With the saddle stitch each of the two threads goes through the same hole. Water gets on the threads and makes them swell, locking them in. With leather the hole also shrinks, also locking the threads in. Saddle stitching is about 10 times more time consuming than machine stitching, and therefore more expensive. If your Mennonite guy will do a saddle stitch for 1/3d the price, then that is great value, or Mennonites don't need much to live.

....or Mennonites don't need much to live.

Well not buying all sorts of electronics crap and cars saves a lot.

Any sewing machine can technically do the stitch, but it won't be as strong as an industrial job...and the thread probably isn't as thick or strong on a home machine.

If I ever need any heavy duty stitching done I go to a local mennonite harness maker... they charge about 1/3 what any other shop would, and do great work. It's not the prettiest by any stretch, but very utilitarian and strong. For that matter, any horse harness maker should be able to do this for you easily.

Very interested in seeing your finished product...
I didnt try it yet on the trailer.
2bd8c2d91632cf484442f08786658102.jpg

I scrapped it. Ill try different shoeshop. The stitch doesnt look it will hold up for a season. Maybe 1 or 2 days

This stitch needs to be super strong. Use upholstery thread. Insist on only upholstery thread. Triple stitch the perimeter, double stitch the "X", or do as your original zig zag design. This is not rocket science, but you need strong. This is for your bike, not lingerie.

Anyone with a sewing machine can do that stitch, including all home machines. There's nothing special about the stitch. You'll need to use upholstery thread, because cotton will rot and weaken. If you wish to save some money then learn to sew.

Before you cut your webbing, and do all cuts with a soldering iron and not scissors or a knife, do a mockup for the lengths. This is so you don't make measuring mistakes, have to rip out stitches, recut and redo the sewing.

Face may come by later...

TorontoBoy made up some similar straps for me to secure the front wheel into the chock. I've been using it for 1 1/2 years now and it works fine. Secures the front end without compressing the suspension. I secure the back with turn buckles attached to rings mounted to my dirt bike low on the rear subframe, and a rod I run through the swing arm pivot point on my street bike. Sort of a poor man's cross between these two systems:

http://www.bellissimoto.com/images/F0075-000Duc_big.jpg

http://www.riskracing.com/pages/Lock-N-Load_Motocross_Transport_Page.html

Works great.

Last edited:
Cycle World Superstore on Sheppard near McCowan in Scarborough has a heavy-duty leather sewing machine to repair motorcycle leathers. They probably can do it.

Back
Top Bottom