Brand new rider! Need a bike any suggestions? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brand new rider! Need a bike any suggestions?

Hey guys, I just did my course with learning curves back in early May with Goldie!

I've been super busy and had a hard time choosing a bike. Now that the weather is getting nicer I am dying to ride!

I just don't want to make a bad purchase, so if you guys see anything worth getting our can lend a few tips I would really appreciate it!

I'm looking to spend around 2000-2500 tops and am 5'2" .... And a half maybe.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Welcome to the forum!
Grom, maybe?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Welcome

Ninja 500... Best learner bike that can easily become a long term bike

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thats a pretty vague question..
You doing city riding, street riding, back road etc...?
Cruiser, sportbike, naked, adventure?
Solo riding, 2 up?

Welcome to the forum.

CBR250, but you will want to upgrade t by the end of the season. Great starter bike, very forgiving, but will keep you out of trouble like going stupid fast for example. Plus fir the money you wanna spend you can get a decent year even with ABS. Also, they have great resale value and good in terms of insurance.

any of the 500cc or the new 300.. both have enough power to keep you busy and out of trouble

I'm currently intending to ride in the city but I'm sure once I actually start riding that will change. I just posted a bunch of links to some bikes I was looking at if you don't mind sharing your opinion!

Haha the grom is what I rode for the entire class. I didn't love that bike, at the end I hopped on the cb300 and that was fun, did feel big though

I posted a few links to bikes I was looking at. Quite a few are the cbr250. Are those good deals? What should I ask the owners about

The one that you are mainly interested in looks good (still try to bargain tho haha), just make sure there are no signs of dropping it. If you can take someone who is knowledgeable about bikes with you - even better. Smaller bikes are normally in a good condition (provided maintenance was on time) so it's unusual to have problems with them.

Welcome! Like LMJ said try to take someone with you that knows a bit about bikes or is at least mechanically inclined. If that's not an option just try to look for obvious damage (cracks/scratches) or leaks. There is no secret formula unfortunately that guarantees a good bike. There have been threads on here about things to look for when buying so try to search for that maybe to get some additional tips.

I posted a few links to bikes I was looking at. Quite a few are the cbr250. Are those good deals? What should I ask the owners about

The first CBR link you posted looks pretty good. Take a look at that first, then take a look at the white Ninja. The Ninja guy who lost insurance due to stunt driving, if I bothered with it at all, I would approach with caution and look for signs of abuse. Like the rest here, I recommend bringing someone who knows about bikes.

Hey guys, I just did my course with learning curves back in early May with Goldie!

I've been super busy and had a hard time choosing a bike. Now that the weather is getting nicer I am dying to ride!

I just don't want to make a bad purchase, so if you guys see anything worth getting our can lend a few tips I would really appreciate it!

I'm looking to spend around 2000-2500 tops and am 5'2" .... And a half maybe.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Hey man, I did my Learning Curves in April and mostly used a Grom, but I also tried the Rebel 250, a CBR125 and a CB300F. I wanted to try every bike Thy had. I bought a new CB300F immediately after. I love the bike. Really easy to ride in the city - an easy step up from the smaller bikes in the course - and capable on the highway. Light, narrow, snappy and the ABS is a great feature. You're gonna love getting out on a highway for the first time whatever bike you end up with. I've already put 1000km on mine and I try to get out of the city at least once a week. Completely different than city riding. So much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Anyone want to come with me? Haha seriously though
White Ninja is gone.
There are some members that would take you up on helping out. Especially if it's gonna rain the next few days.
Pm Frekeguy or Lowrider, iirc they will help out for a fee. (do not quote me on that)
You don't have a location listed. And you don't state if you have transportation for the bike. Some members also have a truck and /or trailer. I'm not sure what someone would charge to tag along, but depending on time and distance, and whether or not they transport it for you, imo expect to pay $50-$150
Good luck!

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Back
Top Bottom