LS2 helmets? opinions? | GTAMotorcycle.com

LS2 helmets? opinions?

stickman88

I've recently come across the LS2 brand more specifically the LS2 Arrow. Does anybody have any opinions or reviews on the helmet? I heard they run small in size, and are not super quiet as they are "race" helmets. Also, i read some reviews and people have stressed that it is for "long oval" head shapes, which I am not even sure if i fit in.

My past helmet was an icon airmada and right now I currently have a scorpion r2000.

I went from a Shoei RF1200 to a carbon LS2 Arrow.

I like it a lot. Very comfortable. Very light. Don't really know if it's noisy. Race tracks are noisy.

I have 2 LS2 Arrow (standard) and like the helmet. I don't find they are sized small but you do seem to need the right shaped head for them. I have worn it on the road but I always also wear ear plugs. But mainly I wear it on the track. Didn't find it any more noisy than the HJC I had. (forget the HJC model)

Jeff

There are no packets in the foam so I would think bluetooth might be problematic. But I have never worn bluetooth in a helmet either to know how much space etc is needed.

Jeff

I have their FF396 with a double visor. I bought it because it was a great price for a fibreglass helmet. 2nd factor was that the tinted, inner visor comes all the way down, without leaving a gap in the bottom.

Use it with Sena 20S, no problem fitting the speakers in.

Fit and finish is top notch. It has been in use for about 15,000km at the moment and not a single issue.

Don't particularly care for the shield mechanism, and the inner liner wore out slightly quicker than anything else I've worn. Otherwise was a good lid for the price... and the integrated shield was nice, made the shield mech less of an issue.

I was ashing my Arrow yesterday and noticed inside there is less padding at the ear and sort of a flap area there. So maybe a speaker or something will fit in the helmet in that area, that said, the docs that came with it do not mention bluetooth anywhere.

Jeff

My first helmet wad Icon Airmada in small, then I got LS2 Arrow Carbon, small as well. Well, I must say it does fit tighter than the Icon, but the Icon is now not that snug as it was when i first bought it. I feel completely comfortable wearing both, but the LS2 is way lighter (carbon). also, I love the look of it.

My first helmet wad Icon Airmada in small, then I got LS2 Arrow Carbon, small as well. Well, I must say it does fit tighter than the Icon, but the Icon is now not that snug as it was when i first bought it. I feel completely comfortable wearing both, but the LS2 is way lighter (carbon). also, I love the look of it.

Nice i have purchased the arrow helmet too and can't wait to try it. I am hoping sizing will fit anyways. I'm also currently looking for a tinted visor for the lid and apparently no dealer has it in stock. Does anybody have one they don't use and don't mind selling? Could use the mirror one too.

did you get the tinted visor with it also?

So just got my arrow carbon in the mail and tried it on. First thing I noticed was that the fit and finish wasn't the greatest as compared to my other helmets. The liner also didn't seem as soft as my scorpion helmet. The fit was a bit weird and there were some pressure points at first but Im gonna try to wear I for a couple rides before actully giving it an honest review. Other than that I love the design because the carbon weave is unique . I fit my sena into the helmet and there I actually places for your speakers. If you take out the lining there are actually circular inserts that ls2 has created for ur speakers which I found very good. The visor is top notch with a huge viewing area. Now to somehow find a tinted visor.....nobody has it in stock it's ridiculous.

Now to somehow find a tinted visor.....nobody has it in stock it's ridiculous.

Try Pro6 or TwoWheel in Guelph.

As for the liner being harder etc, it will work itself in. Your Scorpion helmet likely wasn't as comfy to begin with as it is now either.
Odd you didn't like the fit and finish. Mine was flawless.

did you get the tinted visor with it also?

Nice i have purchased the arrow helmet too and can't wait to try it. I am hoping sizing will fit anyways. I'm also currently looking for a tinted visor for the lid and apparently no dealer has it in stock. Does anybody have one they don't use and don't mind selling? Could use the mirror one too.

Nope, I but I'm hopelessly looking for a red visor for my Icon Airmada.. It is on backorder EVERYWHERE! Guys, if you see it - please, help your sister out and holla at me

Try Pro6 or TwoWheel in Guelph.

As for the liner being harder etc, it will work itself in. Your Scorpion helmet likely wasn't as comfy to begin with as it is now either.
Odd you didn't like the fit and finish. Mine was flawless.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Yeah when I got the helmet the plastic part of the top vent was already peeling off. It was held on by double sided tape. I mean I just had to push it back down to make it stick again and look flush but that's what I mean any detail. Also my clear visor came alittle scratched. Your right the liner may become soft as time goes by so we will see. Also I was comparing it to my other helmets and the ls2 is significantly smaller in size than my scorpion. Not sure if this is good or bad but I really noticed it when I put it side by side. Although the carbon helemt was light out of the box, after putting in my sena it just turned into the same weight as my other helemts lol.

Back
Top Bottom