Anyone ridden the 821 Monster and fz09? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone ridden the 821 Monster and fz09?

bigpoppa

How does the Monster 821 compare to the fz 09 engine wise and power delivery wise?

Anyone ridden both care to share their thoughts?

How does the Monster 821 compare to the fz 09 engine wise and power delivery wise?

Anyone ridden both care to share their thoughts?

I have not ridden the Ducati, but thoroughly enjoyed the FZ09.
It seems like there's a lot of upgrades to the '017 Yamaha compared to earlier versions, the Ducati not so much.
Similar numbers (torque, HP, price) so I'm thinking it all comes down to whatever floats your boat if you're buying new.

I have not ridden the Ducati, but thoroughly enjoyed the FZ09.
It seems like there's a lot of upgrades to the '017 Yamaha compared to earlier versions, the Ducati not so much.
Similar numbers (torque, HP, price) so I'm thinking it all comes down to whatever floats your boat if you're buying new.
Yeah i rode the new fz09, awesome/crazy/scary bike..just trying to make the comparison, as to similarities/differences between power delivery, and power band

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I have ridden both, and while I am a huge Ducati fan, the FZ09 is hands down the better bike. It has ALOT more bottom end and there are numerous cheap mods to greatly improve the FZ09, while not so much for the 821. The 821 was very soft on the bottom end, but the stock exhaust note was amazing, so much that I had to double check they did not install and aftermarket pipe! The Ducati looks better and has the Italian name and status, which is better for posing, but for riding, get the Yamaha.

Railside Performance

Thanks! Was gonna go to GP for a demo today but, doesnt seem worth the long drive now

In addition to all that, realized that a bike that costs upwards of 13k("Premium european italian brand"), should be better build(No fuel indicator, gear indicator, exhaust that burns thighs, and foot pegs that you cant put your feet on)

I find the Ducati to be a more enjoyable ride, they are however terribly expensive to maintain, brutal (in a good way) power delivery and are horrendous on fuel.
The Fz-09 is a great bike, will be more reliable, IMO less comfortable (I have a strange build) and probably a better daily ride. Also has fantastic power, just not as insane as the Duc.

. Also has fantastic power, just not as insane as the Duc.

I find that hard to believe, really.

The Fz has a rep for being insane....the ducati...not so much

I find that hard to believe, really.

The Fz has a rep for being insane....the ducati...not so much
No denying the FZ has insane power, i just find that the way the Ducati delivers the power to be more entertaining, although i might be a little bias since i have a Monster 1100.

Anyone here ridden the z900?

Back
Top Bottom