Motorcycle Satefy Cert - house calls? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Satefy Cert - house calls?

Shadowlily

Hi all!

New to the forum and was hoping to get some help. I need to get a safety inspection done on a bike I am trying to sell for my brother who is out of town, but the bike is too big for me to ride and the sticker is expired. Does anyone know of a service where someone will come to my house to inspect the bike and provide a valid safety certificate?

Please se let me know. Thank you!

IIRC it is not legal for a mechanic to safety at your location (seems like bureaucratic BS to me, but that's government for you). The name mentioned above has apparently helped people out in the past.

IIRC it is not legal for a mechanic to safety at your location (seems like bureaucratic BS to me, but that's government for you). The name mentioned above has apparently helped people out in the past.

The shop is licensed and insured to to safeties, not the mechanic. It's a liability thing.
... and the name mentioned above got busted for doing safeties outside the shop so I doubt he will do that again.

Hi all!

New to the forum and was hoping to get some help. I need to get a safety inspection done on a bike I am trying to sell for my brother who is out of town, but the bike is too big for me to ride and the sticker is expired. Does anyone know of a service where someone will come to my house to inspect the bike and provide a valid safety certificate?

Put it on a trailer, back of a van or a pickup truck, take to your nearest shop that does safeties, and your done

I don't get why anyone needs a house call for this....no other vehicle gets a safety done at home, why does anyone think a motorcycle is the exception....

You can arrange http://www.thetoyhauler.ca/ to take it to a shop and back.

I've bought bikes uncertfied before - had the ability to transport it myself. So potentially finding a buyer that can do this is a possibility.

As a buyer, I'd be more concerned about the "I am trying to sell for my brother who is out of town" bit...

You can also get a 10 day transit plate from the MOT and ride it to a shop to be certified.
All you need is proof of insurance and the necessary paperwork.

The shop is licensed and insured to to safeties, not the mechanic. It's a liability thing.

In that case, require the mechanic to be representing a shop with the appropriate licenses and insurance. The physical location of the vehicle shouldn't be the deciding factor.

Hi all!

I'll send you s PM with a contact.... he came over to my place for safety

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

OP, you can always stipulate that you will reimburse the cost of the safety to the potential buyer.

I have never cared for the certificate personally as I can assess whether the motorcycle will pass or not by myself in most cases. There are many others that will purchase it without the safety.

Back
Top Bottom