"At camp people believed in me" | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

"At camp people believed in me"

Nothing wrong with quoting a kid "The camp was fun" "I enjoyed the camp" "I learned to swim at camp" instead they give us "I was not sexually abused at camp like I am at home" and "I had three meals a day at camp which hardly ever happens at home" an exageration perhaps but you get the point.
Actually, it was "I overcame my fear", I think, on some of the T-shirts. Kid had a fear of heights of all things, and they encouraged him to get over it. Maybe that's where the belief in him came from.

But seriously, your comments don't address anything relevant.

206636171_0021c26a2e_m.jpg

"I have a mental image of highly educated silver spooned snowflakes brainstorming a PR campaign and gnash my teeth into a fine white powder thinking that they're all nodding in agreement and then doing lunch."

Cynical dude, very cynical....

When you buy an apple from the Boy Scout outside Food Basics do you make sympathetic cooing sounds?

You dont buy an apple from the boy scouts, the apples are free and given to the community for the support the community gives them year round, they will gladly accept a donation.

If a scouts asks, wanna buy an apple? he has been misinformed by his group about the program. Just keeping it clear since the OP has a bee in his bonnet about campers.

"I have a mental image of highly educated silver spooned snowflakes brainstorming a PR campaign and gnash my teeth into a fine white powder thinking that they're all nodding in agreement and then doing lunch."

Cynical dude, very cynical....

This whole thread is about me advocating for positive quotes on coffee cups. You probably don't see that. Am I right?

You dont buy an apple from the boy scouts, the apples are free and given to the community for the support the community gives them year round, they will gladly accept a donation.

If a scouts asks, wanna buy an apple? he has been misinformed by his group about the program. Just keeping it clear since the OP has a bee in his bonnet about campers.

That's funny. I always ask them "what's an acceptable donation?" because I like it to be an interactive experience. Some kids roll with it.

This whole thread is about me advocating for positive quotes on coffee cups. You probably don't see that. Am I right?

I just took the time to reread the whole thread, and I fear you weren't very successful making your point.
If you are indeed advocating for more corporate positivity it went right over my head and the heads of a lot of other people.
Let's get back to talking about motorcycles, shall we ?

The corporate positivity, such as these things go, is there. Hence the camps. I don't know how I could be clearer on that. Well I guess I could be clearer if that was my main focus. I'd hate to break out an analogy as that would surely confuse matters more but what the hey.....Let's say a boss decides to give every employee a bonus. Let's say all in it'll cost the company $100,000. So his team comes up with a formula to divvy up the funds. People getting the top bonuses may or may not be happy with the formula used. People on the lower end are definetly not happy because they do all the grunt work and everybody knows it. So it cost the company $100,000 to mess up worker moral. Can you see the parallel or is FMJ going to have to produce another clever picture?

Oh, and I was going to draw attention to the fact that nobody stooped to "hey go for a ride man" or "why are we talking about this on a motorcycle forum?"

.Oh, and I was going to draw attention to the fact that nobody stooped to "hey go for a ride man" or "why are we talking about this on a motorcycle forum?"

"Thou protest too much, methinks" is a quotation from the play Hamlet by William Shakespeare. It has been used as a figure of speech, in various phrasings, to describe someone's too frequent and vehement attempts to convince others of some matter of which the opposite is true, thereby making themselves appear defensive, and insincere.

You've tried to make your point, in my opinion unsuccessfully. We shall agree to disagree, let's move along.

"Thou protest too much, methinks" is a quotation from the play Hamlet by William Shakespeare. It has been used as a figure of speech, in various phrasings, to describe someone's too frequent and vehement attempts to convince others of some matter of which the opposite is true, thereby making themselves appear defensive, and insincere.

You've tried to make your point, in my opinion unsuccessfully. We shall agree to disagree, let's move along.

Have you ever considered being a moderator?

I don't want to say I posted this thread as an experiment but as basic thesis go this one couldn't be more basic. Very instructive how off the mark most responses were. This doesn't bode well for the more complex issues posted in romper room and the evidence is there for all to see. One just has to look. Maybe take a deep breath and ponder what you're reading. It's not rocket science, if it was I wouldn't be the one to explain it.

I went to the drive-thru at Timmy's at lunch today. The asked me if I'd like to make a donation to Camp Day after I gave them my order. "Why yes", I said "I'm Bernie from Hamilton, and I'd be happy to make a donation to the Camp Day fund to help underprivileged children!". The girl wrote me a nice thank you note on my cup. Made my day.

Except the lid opening was on the dribble seam, again. I managed to soldier through.

631C8F95-3E81-47C1-AA6F-CDB3492FD527_zpsqk9c5xax.jpg

That looks like your hand writing Stu. (Good one lol:cool:)

That's some funny ish FMJ ?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I don't want to say I posted this thread as an experiment but as basic thesis go this one couldn't be more basic. Very instructive how off the mark most responses were. This doesn't bode well for the more complex issues posted in romper room and the evidence is there for all to see. One just has to look. Maybe take a deep breath and ponder what you're reading. It's not rocket science, if it was I wouldn't be the one to explain it.

I can't say that I ever truly know wth youre intentions actually are, but as a white kid from the privilege of having to receive "help" with procuring high school uniforms, it would have been a whole lot nicer if I didn't have to go try them on in a room, at the school, clearly labelled for all to see.

Also went to camps, on someone else's dime, but pretty sure that was on the hush.

I can't say that I ever truly know wth youre intentions actually are, but as a white kid from the privilege of having to receive "help" with procuring high school uniforms, it would have been a whole lot nicer if I didn't have to go try them on in a room, at the school, clearly labelled for all to see.

Also went to camps, on someone else's dime, but pretty sure that was on the hush.

This came up for discussion tonite, buddy said he didn't figger out until much later the family Christmas gift bundles they received for a couple years were from United Way. He was not officially flagged as a loser. That was also on the hush.

Is this your perceived conundrum inreb?
wizard-of-oz-man-behind-the-curtain11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom