"At camp people believed in me" | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

"At camp people believed in me"

I went to day camp as a kid. Camp Wanakita. It was great, everyday they shuttled us up highway 6 from downtown Hamilton. I was not made aware of the benefactors or any personal deficiencies. We canoed and dined in the mess hall. I'm glad the dinnerware wasn't printed with slogans highlighting my need for special treatment. I would have reacted badly.

Go to Coffee Time or Country Style. Problem solved.
I buy a drink, smile cookie, t-shirt and a bracelet every camp day. I never went to camp. Now I spend my time on a motorcycle forum.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

"At camp people believed in me"

I have a feeling today is just one of those days for inreb. Not the best of days, not the worst. Just had to see that cup one too many times and then it happened.

Is there a way to make losers winners and not make any emotional or financial investment?

I just don't feel the issue of less fortunate folks will ever end.

Can't I just live my life guilt free and feel glad of my life being better than others and if it's not, complain about it and have others chime in with an amen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to Coffee Time or Country Style. Problem solved.
I buy a drink, smile cookie, t-shirt and a bracelet every camp day. I never went to camp. Now I spend my time on a motorcycle forum.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Good on ya Joe, nice to see people with atleast a couple fuks left to give. I have a thing for the cookies myself.

As for Inreb, bit of a ****** move insinuating that tims camp kids are losers, no?

Just got back in with a fresh coffee. Red cup this time. "Camp gave me hope" Wow, now I have this mental image of kids dropped off @ #camp, heads hanging low. Coffee used to be fun.

@JTR I didn't insinuate these kids are losers. I'm picking on the Tim Donut Corp.

That's how it reads though. TH is just marketing to help raise funds....and to get the good will of being a good corporate citizen.

That's all fine. Except, imho, "camp gave me hope" splashed on the side of every cup is bs. Are they actually quoting a particular person or painting everybody? It's a marketing PR scheme on the backs of the less fortunate because before camp "they had no hope". And everybody knows that now courtesy of TH. Nice. Is that so hard to grasp? Christians went to deepest Africa to give those "wretched souls" hope too. It's not a big deal if it doesn't register, obviously.

Last edited:
Fine line between doing good and benefiting from the less fortunate. Wonder how much of the proceeds of the camp specific products go that way and how much the corporation kicks in?

That's all fine. Except, imho, "camp gave me hope" splashed on the side of every cup is bs. Are they actually quoting a particular person or painting everybody? It's a marketing PR scheme on the backs of the less fortunate because before camp "they had no hope". And everybody knows that now courtesy of TH. Nice. Is that so hard to grasp? Christians went to deepest Africa to give those "wretched souls" hope too. It's not a big deal if it doesn't register, obviously.

They're quoting Steven age 17. Maybe some of the kids are astute and knew which sound bites would cause the ad execs to bite. Or maybe if you're cynical, you'd think said execs simply made kids up.

Fine line between doing good and benefiting from the less fortunate. Wonder how much of the proceeds of the camp specific products go that way and how much the corporation kicks in?

I have no idea. I just feel that printing these 2 quotes is rather tasteless. I have a mental image of highly educated silver spooned snowflakes brainstorming a PR campaign and gnash my teeth into a fine white powder thinking that they're all nodding in agreement and then doing lunch.

I have no idea. I just feel that printing these 2 quotes is rather tasteless. I have a mental image of highly educated silver spooned snowflakes brainstorming a PR campaign and gnash my teeth into a fine white powder thinking that they're all nodding in agreement and then doing lunch.

Then don't frequent the store, spend your money elsewhere.
Maybe even donate some of your time or money to a charity you deem to be worthwhile ?
There are plenty of other causes that can use you help - how hard is that ?

Then don't frequent the store, spend your money elsewhere.
Maybe even donate some of your time or money to a charity you deem to be worthwhile ?
There are plenty of other causes that can use you help - how hard is that ?

Do you have an opinion about the quotes tho?

Do you have an opinion about the quotes tho?

I have the option of voting with my wallet - if I don't like something a company does or says I don't buy there.
You have the same.
MY opinion of these particular quotes is irrelevant, you're the one with his knickers in a knot.
There are lots of things businesses do that you may not agree with, get used to it and spend your money elsewhere.
Its not that hard....

I have the option of voting with my wallet - if I don't like something a company does or says I don't buy there.
You have the same.
MY opinion of these particular quotes is irrelevant, you're the one with his knickers in a knot.
There are lots of things businesses do that you may not agree with, get used to it and spend your money elsewhere.
Its not that hard....

There are lots of things people post that you may not agree with. Get used to it or read something else. It's not that hard. :p But seriously, your comments don't address anything relevant. Try it, you might like it.

There are lots of things people post that you may not agree with. Get used to it or read something else. It's not that hard. :p But seriously, your comments don't address anything relevant. Try it, you might like it.

Go to an ATM, take out some cash and buy yourself a grip.
Have you bothered to ask anyone at Timmy's for a response ?
I doubt it...

Go to an ATM, take out some cash and buy yourself a grip.
Have you bothered to ask anyone at Timmy's for a response ?
I doubt it...

You're really making a strong case for something.

Write to 3G Capital in Rio de Janeiro and complain if you don't like it.

The quotes could be real...advertising rules say they should be....but doesn't really matter. What a kid thinks is life changing or a big deal is reflected in their life experience.

On May 31st, 100% of coffee sales and proceeds from bracelet purchases will help brighten a kid’s future.
Not hard to believe a corporation will do this. Good PR is good business. They made a net income of a half billion dollars (US) in 2015 and a gross revenue of 3 Billion (US) in 2016 if reports are close, what's 1 day of profits?

Last edited:
The King of Pop had a kiddie park. That didn't turn out so well. How do you like them apples?

The King of Pop had a kiddie park. That didn't turn out so well. How do you like them apples?

Nothing wrong with quoting a kid "The camp was fun" "I enjoyed the camp" "I learned to swim at camp" instead they give us "I was not sexually abused at camp like I am at home" and "I had three meals a day at camp which hardly ever happens at home" an exageration perhaps but you get the point.

Back
Top Bottom