"At camp people believed in me" | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

"At camp people believed in me"

I went to the drive-thru at Timmy's at lunch today. The asked me if I'd like to make a donation to Camp Day after I gave them my order. "Why yes", I said "I'm Bernie from Hamilton, and I'd be happy to make a donation to the Camp Day fund to help underprivileged children!". The girl wrote me a nice thank you note on my cup. Made my day.

Except the lid opening was on the dribble seam, again. I managed to soldier through.

631C8F95-3E81-47C1-AA6F-CDB3492FD527_zpsqk9c5xax.jpg

I don't know you but I chose to read your post as Forrest Gump.

Kids just need more Mookie!

@inreb economic status does not, a loser, make.
Plenty of rich losers imo.
You know I'm a big fan of yours, but I too don't know wtf you are talking about in this thread

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I get what you're saying. Tims could have used quotes from any kid they chose to. They purposely used the saddest quotes they could get to drive the sympathy factor and to make Tims look like a big hero for helping these poor unfortunate kids.
Personally I don't care how they get there but I do believe that all kids should be given these opportunities so thanks Mr Horton.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I get what you're saying. Tims could have used quotes from any kid they chose to. They purposely used the saddest quotes they could get to drive the sympathy factor and to make Tims look like a big hero for helping these poor unfortunate kids.
Personally I don't care how they get there but I do believe that all kids should be given these opportunities so thanks Mr Horton.

Yes. Tasteless marketing. Normally, which hasn't been for a long time, I wouldn't have even noticed. Heck I probably woulda applauded that approach. But in the context of the overwhelming victim culture we're forced to endure online, in media and everywhere else (yes even in the recent contractor orientation at a car plant) I guess this was the straw that broke the camels toe. For those of you who aren't there yet I envy you.

@inreb economic status does not, a loser, make.
Plenty of rich losers imo.
You know I'm a big fan of yours, but I too don't know wtf you are talking about in this thread

I'm a fan of yours too buddy don't you ever forget it. Forgetaboutit? No, never forget about it!

Read my Tim's cup this morning : " camp gave me purpose" . I'm kinda jealous....I'm still looking for my purpose in life.
I never went to camp.

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breath free. We fix.

But have you been thanked for "turning a kid's life around", yet?!?

But have you been thanked for "turning a kid's life around", yet?!?

I bet it's not even real camping. Probably cabins and sit down cafeteria. Donuts as the day is long. Delivered back to the 'hood @ plus 20lbs. These people have no shame.

Woah - now you're slagging donuts ? Is nothing sacred ????

Its cabins and a sit down cafe, they do own an Island at the other end of the lake and they tent there after tripping the 6 miles in 12 person war canoes. Its a pretty good looking experience.

We hosted them at our dock 2 yrs ago when a freak microburst chased them into our bay off the main lake around the corner from the Island.

I saw no donut products

cool story bro

Anyone remember Bolton Camp, or are we all too young?

Anyone remember Bolton Camp, or are we all too young?

Bolton camp doesn't ring a bell, not sure if I don't remember it or never heard of it. And negative to your second question as well. Got any more quizzes?

Back
Top Bottom