"At camp people believed in me" | GTAMotorcycle.com

"At camp people believed in me"

inreb

Site Supporter
So reading the "about" blurb on Tom Hortons Camp website it seems to indicate for losers only. Is that correct? Would you send your kid to #CampDay? If you were a loser candidate would you want attention drawn to the fact that some hired help "believed in you" presupposing that your economic status reflects a lack lustre upbringing resulting in your personal deficiencies? Or is this just more snowflakey, you're not a victim unless everybody knows about it shtick? Why print this nonsense on the side of a coffee cup? I'm sure Timmy camp is great but why make a fuss?

Can you answer me this...Who makes the decision at the top as to what is taught in school?
Is it the Federal Minister of Education? Where or how do they decide what is implemented?

I am asking a serious question because it shows a path to how and where some of this stuff comes from.

It seems we are moving away from increasing intelligence towards implementing personal feelings and identity studies which does not lead to the creation of the warp drive.
The TDSB is pushing out a survey about equity created in the lab of the U of T. IT was 20 questions and focused on social justice, one question even asked does your school promote and teach social justice issues. I will see if I can get a copy. And the equity survey only allows 1 (ONE) response from each group. Meaning all the parents/students/teachers have to agree on each answer and submit 1 survey per group. Uhm, right off the bat...where is the equity? You can't get 10 people to agree on where to go for lunch or what to eat much less hundreds to agree on 1 answer for each of the 20 questions.

"At camp people believed in me"

Whoa! This seems more serious than planing a trip to the forks!

I know Tims makes a fuss about camp day each year and employees wear tee shirts to say as much and the cups mention something but I'm too busy twisting the lid so coffee doesn't dribble from the cup seam. First world problems I know.

My two step sons go to catholic school and as far as I know all the kids of a certain grade got invited to go. Don't think it had any stipulations about who could go or not other than age.

We sent them off and they seemed to have a good time.

As for who decides the curriculum? I still can't believe my step kids go to catholic school! Seems important to my wife but, her reasons have nothing to do with religion. It's something to do with the school having a good reputation. Based on what? I don't know. Think it's based on chatter among the neighbourhood of which schools are good and which are bad. Alliances have been formed. I don't care as long as the fathers drink their beer cold and like their steak medium rare. If they don't, I don't like them one bit and avoid eye contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: "At camp people believed in me"

Can you curmudgeons take a day off once in a while

My cottage was on the lake outside Parry Sound where the Tim's camp is located. Many of the kids are selected due to family and economic circumstance. they are not losers. The parents that put them in the situation they are in may be. Or maybe deadbeat mom or dad is the loser and the others are collateral damage.
Either way they make a fuss and bring attention to help raise funds, its camp day! Throw a couple bucks at the program so a kid can paddle a canoe or learn a craft, not how to roll a fattie. Its good clean fun and they are getting three squares a day and dad isn't hitting them upside the head.
Do they become better members of society in a week? darned if I know but it gets them out of the urban craphole they often reside in. If paddling down a lake looking at cottages that are beyond their dreams makes them want to stay in school its a win, if they want to go and rob the place they would have got that idea without being at camp.

And WTF, the lid is on the leaky seam every damn time.

Don't have a problem with the camps per se. From what little I know of them, they sound great. I think I'm just getting overwhelmed with the relentless onslaught......reminds me of Christmas where the "awareness" of everybody suffering, alone, hates relatives, don't know what to wear, putting on holiday weight, unmet expectations, no snow, too much snow, stuck at the airport, turkey's dry, campaign runs, like, 10-1 to the good stuff. So now I gotta read this pathetic blurb disguised as inspirational empowerment with my coffee. That doesn't even account for the brighter, albeit disenfranchised(no pun intended), kid who gets a load of this derogatory claptrap and loses all of the psychological gains made at this very camp.

Ask the kids that may have had their only fun time EVER what they thought after their time there! W...F IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE? You don't have to support...pay...read about...involve yourself...etc.
Mind your own f'n business and move on...

Ask the kids that may have had their only fun time EVER what they thought after their time there! W...F IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE? You don't have to support...pay...read about...involve yourself...etc.
Mind your own f'n business and move on...

Everybody's in pain, don't you know:D Does it sound to you like I'm protesting these camps?

Everybody's in pain, don't you know:D Does it sound to you like I'm protesting these camps?

Not sure...just a lot of whining but that's what I've come to expect from your posts �� Cheers

Last edited:

Not sure...just a lot of whining but that's what I've come to expect from your posts �� Cheer

Just kidding... now it sounds like I'm whining...

With a handle like Sadz, I'd imagine it's challenging to read into the upside of things.

What is the upside of camp day. Happy face cookies. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we should take up a collection to send inreb to camp, if that's what he truly thinks it means?

From what I could find, one kid was afraid of heights, and other's belief in him helped him overcome that fear.

Chances, are that's not it, and it's just another vague troll play by the master of the genre.

Maybe we should take up a collection to send inreb to camp, if that's what he truly thinks it means?

What else could it mean? "At the mall people believed in me" "On the bus people believed in me" "At the town dump people believed in me" "At the gas station people believed in me" "At Wonderland people believed in me" "On the 407 people believed in me" etc. It's rediclus, of course you extend respect and humanity to people wherever you are but you don't single out psychological charity cases with a campaign like that. That nobody even notices anymore sure is telling. When you buy an apple from the Boy Scout outside Food Basics do you make sympathetic cooing sounds?

What else could it mean? "At the mall people believed in me" "On the bus people believed in me" "At the town dump people believed in me" "At the gas station people believed in me" "At Wonderland people believed in me" "On the 407 people believed in me" etc. It's rediclus, of course you extend respect and humanity to people wherever you are but you don't single out psychological charity cases with a campaign like that. That nobody even notices anymore sure is telling. When you buy an apple from the Boy Scout outside Food Basics do you make sympathetic cooing sounds?

Try and be more specific with your data. Quote the quote, i.e. Use quotation marks. Reference the quote with where you found it. Supply context. Don't be like the cc people who reference data you can never find, or make an argument against data, with no data, references, or context of their own. Riding to Tim's to send a kid to camp and try to get to the bottom of this, or at least some point. Looking forward to seeing your synopsis on my return. (No pressure)

Last edited:
Try and be more specific with your data. Quote the quote, i.e. Use quotation marks. Reference the quote with where you found it. Supply context. Don't be like the cc people who reference data you can never find, or make an argument against data, with no data, references, or context of their own. Riding to Tim's to send a kid to camp and try to get to the bottom of this, or at least some point. Looking forward to seeing your synopsis on my return. (No pressure)

Offending blurb on cup is in "quotes" hence I used "quotes" in my examples in interest of continuity and context. What is synopsis?

Sheesh. It's a program to get kids to go to camp that would otherwise not afford it. Donate if you want to, don't if you don't. All sorts of similar stuff going on. Even at the grocery store when checking out, they will ask if you want to donate to something or other.

Who bothers to read their coffee cups???

Who bothers to read their coffee cups???

Right? I can't even say with certainty I know what colour I've been getting. I know there's a blue one cause I saw it in someone else's hand sometime this month

48960976.jpg

Back
Top Bottom